Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 06, 2005

Old     (kevin_bird)      Join Date: Dec 2002       08-21-2005, 10:10 PM Reply   
Nautique had a recall on all of there gauges that were digital well my buddy had 680 hours on his 2002 team and he recently got the new gauges, he now has 17 hrs. Does any one know if there is a way to find out the real hours because there are going to be a lot of unhappy used boat owners out there. Also if you are looking into buying one of these be careful it is very deceiving. The gauges should be hooked up directly to the engine through a brain which should store all of this info. So i assumed that when the new gauges were hooked up they would be hooked up to the original brain. Well im not sure what is going on but you get the point. any feed back would be great. This to me sounds like a big issue, that should not be ignored. Thanks to anyone with any info to share.
Old     (allen)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-22-2005, 8:21 AM Reply   
hey Kev,
The hours are held in the brain so the hours can be checked by hooking up the boat to the diag. computer at the shop ar dealership and the hours will come up on the computer have them print your buddy a copy so he can keep it. You might tell him to becareful about documenting when this cahnge was made. Tonis had an issue kinda like this when he sold his boat.
later
Old    ag4ever            08-22-2005, 2:59 PM Reply   
Only if it is the chevy based engines. If it is the ford based engine, then service records are the only way of really "knowing."
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-22-2005, 3:11 PM Reply   
Kevin, I have changed mine about 2 times. I also have like 600hrs and it reads 70hrs. The ford based motor there is no way to tell.
Old     (csquared)      Join Date: Jan 2002       08-22-2005, 7:58 PM Reply   
perfect pass holds hours as well. There are two meters. One that can be reset, the other can't. If the boat has PP stock and it hasn't been replaced, you can get the hours there.
Old    billgjohnson            08-22-2005, 8:05 PM Reply   
On PCM engines there is no storage in the "brain" for hours. I had an MB Sport boat with a PCM engine in it and it didn't store hours in the engine. I dropped a wakeboard on the dash and brock the tach and speedo at the same time. Having four or five family boats I was unsure how many hours were actually on the boat and check this out personally. I also shorted out the ignition on the same boat when I installed a new depth gauge and the unknown to me until later the hours ran up until the battery died.

(Message edited by bill.g.johnson on August 22, 2005)
Old    supra_herman            08-23-2005, 9:52 AM Reply   
Ya i have had a problem similar to yours on my 38 baja with 250 hrs. I replaced the tacs which had the odometers on them and when i had the new ones installed it set my hours back to 0. I have chevy big block engines on it (496 mag HO) and as far as i kno the hours are not kept on the "BRAIN"