Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 26, 2009

Old     (stillentt)      Join Date: May 2007       04-19-2009, 7:35 PM Reply   
Been working on the boat this week getting things more mechanically sound (replaced my fuel lines, fuel filter) but after that was all taken care of I did a few cosmetic upgrades this past week:

1) Carlolina Carports - I don't have room in my garage for a boat and I HATE leaving it outside, so a carport is my best option. This thing was under 1000$ installed and pretty dang solid. Well worth the money if anyone is interested.
Upload

2)Board Racks - I took the factory silver board racks and sanded them down and painted them black to match the tower. Then I contacted the manufacturer and they sent me new rubber inserts and bungee straps to make everything look fresh. Turned out pretty well, not sure how long the black paint will hold up and will probably have to end up powder coating them eventually
3) Ordered the Bulletlines Black Tower Arm Mirror to replace the crappy factory windshield mount one. Fits like a glove and is super nice having a mirror up high to see everything easily.
4) Had a detail freak friend of mine bring the buffer over and polish the hull up and it looks BRIGHT white now and matches my truck better, which is very important
5) The girls were in charge of carpet cleaning so that we could remove the stigma of 'ridin dirty carpet', and I must say that after a few cans of Resolve carpet cleaner they look much more plush. We cleaned everything from the rear ski locker to the engine trim ring carpet back to new.
6) I got some 4.5" black metal flake RONIX vinyl logos to stick in place of the old LS stickers on the lower rear section. Some people aren't all about stickers on a boat but I dig it.
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

She's coming together nicely and I'm still in love. Next round of projects: Stereo upgrades, tinted windows, upholstery repair.
Old     (moon)      Join Date: Oct 2008       04-19-2009, 10:37 PM Reply   
Sure is pretty!!! The stickers look good as well.
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-20-2009, 1:18 AM Reply   
Lookin' good and that rear locker is beggin for a sac to fill the void. Would 2 400 lb v drive sac's fit in there next to each other?
Old     (saceone)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-20-2009, 5:35 AM Reply   
sac 'R up!!!
clean boat. nice boatport too!! good stuff