Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 10, 2003

Old    david_fletcher            01-15-2003, 8:26 PM Reply   
The best deal I have found is Supra LSV, followed by Malibu VLX, then the Xstar. I like the looks of the Xstar the best, but price is better on the Supra. My concern is will the Supra throw as nice of a wake as the Xstar or Malibu. I dont want to many extra sacs on the floor. Supra said i can get bigger factory bags from Barefoot Int. Please help a poor boy out.
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-15-2003, 8:39 PM Reply   
If you can afford it, buy what you want. If money is tight, get a 1 or 2 year old used boat. Boats loose 10% on day 1 and another 10% every year (or so).
Old    steveaz            01-15-2003, 8:45 PM Reply   
Supra LSV??? Do you mean Moomba LSV or Supra SSV...or is there a boat I haven't heard of. Demo those boats in the exact configuration you want and decide for yourself. If the dealer isn't accommodating....MOVE ON!

I run a VLX with absolutely no visable weight and virtually none of my storage space is used. The wake is knee to mid thigh high (depending on the rider) and can be rampy or vert depending on your liking. However I do tow an additional 700#'s (lead) and my locker sack is larger than stock. All totaled I'm running 1900#'s + wedge.

All three seem to be capable of great wakes with little or no visable ballast.
Old    david_fletcher            01-15-2003, 9:17 PM Reply   
Ya I meant to say SSV,
thanks and keep the good suggestions coming
Old    mobiusv            01-15-2003, 9:42 PM Reply   
dude go with the Supra ssv. This boat has one of the best wakes just as good as a SAN. its not worth spending any more on a vlx or x-star.
Old    mikelax            01-18-2003, 9:48 AM Reply   
Dave, there is a dealer in your area I am sure, I actually grew up in Austin TX and rode lake austin, I am a dealer now in atlanta, the guys at the austin dealership are pretty cool, we sell supra and moomba, and I can TRULY tell you that the wakes are just as good behind a SUpra or even better than most. If you have any questions you can get the new boat buyers guide from waterski mag, it is a non biased report. If you lived in the atlanta area Id give you a great deal on a supra or moomba but since you dont you should stick it to the austin guys, and tell them that Michael sent you from the Atlanta store, there is also factory incentives right now that you can take advantage of, regardless you should also take into consideration the RIDE of the boat. Good luck!
Old     (stusumm)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-18-2003, 4:59 PM Reply   
Don't give up on the Malibu dealer (ctws). After some employee changes they have been a great dealership. Dennis has definantly turned things around. Can't beat the VLX (IMO).
Old    cws_kahuna            01-19-2003, 11:54 AM Reply   
All three you mentioned are great boats. I love the Supra SSV personally. I think you should test all three and go with what you feel is the best boat for your money.
Old     (gobig)      Join Date: May 2002       01-19-2003, 2:39 PM Reply   
nautiques are my choice
Old     (dan_lee)      Join Date: Jan 2003       01-25-2003, 9:57 AM Reply   
Like Mike I sell Moomba and Supras as well. I got my first chance to drive a SSV the other night and I was very impressed over other brands I have ridden behind. I'm proud to represent the Skier's Choice label because of there excellent customer service and quality boats at reasonable prices. Let me know if I can help. I'm in Phoenix
Dan
www.surfsideboatcenter.com
Old     (fogey)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-25-2003, 10:50 AM Reply   
You have identified three great boats, and I would consider two of them if I were buying (the X-Star is a a little small for MY needs).

I know for a fact that you get REALLY great wakes from all three using completely hidden ballast. That's not to say the wakes are identical; they're not. But they're all great.

Are the differences important? I dunno. Here's what I do know. A friend raved about the wake behind a pimped out factory X-Star, implying he could do things that he couldn't do behind my SSV (with the larger sacks you mentioned). I watched and rode. The wake was more vertical, and he was riding pretty well. However, the very next time we were out in my boat, he was throwing the biggest, smoothest, easiest tantrums I ever saw him do. They were much better than any of his efforts behind the X.

I think you can safely choose any of these three boats and have great times on the water. Get the one that best suits your needs and desires.

Old    para            02-04-2003, 6:39 PM Reply   
Buy a Nautique!!!
You wont regret it!!!
I used to be just like you but I tried out all of the boats, and there was no competition!!!