Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 13, 2007

Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       02-17-2007, 11:55 PM Reply   
I a wondering what year and model the sunsetter is best for wakeboarding. narrowing my question down, which model (ex. lx) is a good wakeboarding boat with a hull that will not beat you up in rough water like the response?? I rode behind a friends sunsetter a while back and it was nice and seemed taller and not so flat in the back.
Old     (jetskiprosx)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-18-2007, 11:05 AM Reply   
Malibu Hull charts... http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?act=announce&id=18

The Sunsetter LX was on the same hull as the Pre 05 wakesetter, and now ride series. It is a great hull for wakeboarding and surfing. The Sunsetter LXi is on a different hull that is much worse for wakeboarding, but can throw a great ski wake. The sunsetter LX is 21' where as the LXi is 21'8" (the only noticeable size difference is in the rear trunk)

The Sunsetter LX was made from 1995-2001 and after 01 it became known as the Wakesetter (direct drive) until 2003 when they stopped making a true direct drive on that hull and turned it into the XTi and VLX models...until the ride series came out and the Sunsetter LX got brought back under the name iRide

(Message edited by jetskiprosx on February 18, 2007)

(Message edited by jetskiprosx on February 18, 2007)
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       02-18-2007, 2:27 PM Reply   
THANK YOU...that is great information
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       02-19-2007, 3:49 PM Reply   
what is the differnce between the sunsetter and the sportster? it states the hulls are the same??
Old     (jetskiprosx)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-19-2007, 5:29 PM Reply   
Hulls are the same but the length, width and freeboard are different. The sportster is a MUCH smaller boat that is great for barefooting and skiing. It has such low freeboard that it can't take much weight at all. It is also 700lbs lighter then the sunsetter and it has very little storage...a VERY bad choice for a wake/surf boat...GREAT ski/foot boat!
Old     (jasonj)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-21-2007, 9:37 PM Reply   
Hey Ty, if you are in the market for a Sunsetter I have one going up for sale real soon. It is a '97 VLX, I believe the first year Malibu did the V-drive on the Sunsetter. It is in pretty good shape although I need some cosmetic cleaning to be done. We added 1,800 pounds of sacks and made our own ballast system in it, pretty nice. Wake is awesome and everytime we turn the key it fires right up. Gotta love that.
I am selling because I just ordered a new '07 MB 220V today, but won't have for 6-8 weeks. It is going to be a long 6 weeks....

If interested email me at jason@lifestylesports.net.

Jason