Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 08, 2003

Old    adkelley            06-19-2003, 4:13 AM Reply   
What do you guys like for vinyl protectant, vinyl cleaner and waxes. Got a new garage and want to start doing this stuff myself. Thanks
Old    arlanj            06-19-2003, 11:11 AM Reply   
Meguars cleaner, polish, and wax.

ANy auto supply store.
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       06-19-2003, 11:39 AM Reply   
303 all the way, and maybe a vinyl cleaner on occasion for tough spots. I had to tow my boat today in the rain, not a downpour but enough to wet the streets and cause water to splash on to the bow from my truck. Looked at it later and not a spot where the dirty water or dirt stuck to the boat. Looks like I just wiped it down. 303 is the shizzzit!

Spray it on after you pull it out of the water, right before you wipe the boat down. Works great! I put it on everything but the glass, keeps everything from fading, as they say, "It's like 40 spf for your boat" LOL ok that is enough, and no I don't work for them LOL
Old     (mitchm)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-19-2003, 12:30 PM Reply   
Jon, Do you put 303 on the hull? Is it better than wax or does it prolong a good waxing? Thanks!

(Message edited by mitchm on June 19, 2003)
Old     (jeffr)      Join Date: May 2002       06-19-2003, 12:47 PM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/69546.html?1055328784

303 is great! Works on the hull but may leave a few streaks.

If you have any aluminum racks that are getting dingy… check out Mothers metal polish…. Polished my racks and tower mounts…. They look good as new. You can do it by hand and it does not take much elbow grease to do it.
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       06-19-2003, 1:42 PM Reply   
Mitch, yes I use it on the hull, it works great for fiberglass gel coats. They say not to use wax, that wax will actually keep the 303 from penetrating into the hull and protecting it. It won't streak so bad if you apply it while the boat is still a little wet, after you pull it out of the water, right before your normal wipe down. Don't let it dry on the hull, wipe it off before it dries and it won't streak. That water will bead up and drips off the hull just like wax. In fact it seems like the water drips off better than wax. Today towing in the rain I totally noticed that.

Go to their web site to purchase it, they have a special for a full gallon, plus a pint spray bottle that is full for around $55. Compared to $17 for a pint at the store. So for 9 pints at the store price your looking at $153. Go direct for $55 for the same amount, it's a nice savings!
Old     (sandbag)      Join Date: May 2002       06-20-2003, 7:01 AM Reply   
I also use 303 on the hull BETWEEN WAXES!
I feel a good cleaner wax really keeps
the gel coat clean. There are lots
of substances that find their way to my boat
and the must be removed (spider crap, tree sap
leaf-stains, algea, Tannic acid stains and much more!). 303 will not
clean as well as say, a Meguiar's or 3M polish/cleaner-wax.
And Yes, 303 does all the stuff stated above!

(Message edited by Sandbag on June 20, 2003)
Old    kali            06-20-2003, 8:02 AM Reply   
im on the 303 site...which one do you use, the cleaner or the protectant?
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       06-20-2003, 9:08 AM Reply   
Aerospace Protectant, LOL I have not used the cleaner, if you try let me know what you think.
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       06-20-2003, 9:09 AM Reply   
I laugh at that because that is the running joke around the boat, during wipe down, "hey you, hand me the Aerospace Protectant over here!" LOL
Old     (mitchm)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-20-2003, 9:29 AM Reply   
I'll try it on the hull. The stuff is awesome on vinyl, and if it's good enough for NASA, then it's good enough for a MC hull. I'm headed to the lake this PM, armed w/ oxyclean. WTF w/ these pink stains on my sunpad. I hate pink! Hope the oxy works, cause nothing else has.

(Message edited by mitchm on June 20, 2003)
Old     (tre)      Join Date: Jul 2002 Location: WI       06-20-2003, 11:12 AM Reply   
I agree on the 303 - I use it on the hull and the vinyl. I don't ever use wax. Last week a guy that made a cover for the boat could not believe my boat is a 99 - he thought it was new.