Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 20, 2005

Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       09-02-2005, 1:48 PM Reply   
370 up here at school, it went up over a dollar in 2 days, I would kill for 2.92 right now...
Old     (boofer)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-02-2005, 9:57 PM Reply   
$3.69 per gallon in Knoxville, TN.

It is really sickening to see how our government has allowed those people suffer in the wake of Katrina.

Now, oil companies who have been posting record profits see the need to create panic in an effort to see those record profits get even higher. Gasoline supplies are only down 10%.

I urge everyone to write to their congressmen. I did. It is about time to put this to a stop. As common people we do not have the capability to fight the oil companies (unless the nation comes together and boycotts gasoline for a week).

(Message edited by boofer on September 02, 2005)
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-02-2005, 10:54 PM Reply   
We are starting up our http://deltawakeboardcamp.com. My son and I have wanted to do this for a long time and now... I dont know if the timing is right. Every time the price per gallon goes up a BUCK, we have to raise the price $80 per student just to break even. That is sad.
Old    norcalbrdrydr            09-03-2005, 12:08 AM Reply   
Went boardin today in good ol central California. 2.99 when i filled up in the morning.... 3.28 when I got home... The news said there would be a 30 cent jump. I just figure it would take atleast a day or two, not 8 hours.
Old     (nikki)      Join Date: May 2004       09-03-2005, 1:09 PM Reply   
This completely blows, i'm going to have to start riding my bike just to save money so i can give people money for boarding! haha
Old    jessica4337            09-04-2005, 9:17 AM Reply   
quick come to canada its only like $1.20 but im sure not for long
Old    mile_high_rider            09-04-2005, 11:08 AM Reply   
This situation is WAY out of Bush's control. And BP is one of the few gas suppliers that dont use middle east gas. I think.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-05-2005, 6:08 PM Reply   
Jessica,

I think that's per LITER in canada. That most likely puts your price at around $4 gal.
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-05-2005, 6:30 PM Reply   
Got a private message from some dude in England claiming the English didn't own BP and if it wasn't for the Americans causing all of the global warming, we wouldn't have the hurricanes that caused all of the damage, which wouldn't result in the outrageous gas prices. I'm sure he's reading this thread. Make your own assumptions from that comment. I spent 2 years in England and a comment like that doesn't surprise me. He told me he was insulted and offended. As far as I'm concerned, with stupidity like that, he's not offending me one bit.
Old     (kimmy)      Join Date: Aug 2001       09-05-2005, 8:51 PM Reply   
$3.90 at Silverthorn Resort on Shasta Lake, California last Friday.
Old     (migitty)      Join Date: Aug 2001       09-05-2005, 8:56 PM Reply   
Kimmy, I know whay you chimed in on this thread. Got a good laugh out of me. Email me the details.

Not to highjack the thread but I was very glad to see you and crew in LBC. We had a blast.

Say high to Roman Soldier and Chili Dog for me. They crack me up!
Old     (laptom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-06-2005, 2:44 AM Reply   
Randy.... I'm not a dude from England, but even I feeled insulted by your previous post. They are plain stuppid by saying the gas prices are high because the Britain want to make some money. USA and Bush & co control the gasprices, and don't start about the military. You don't want to know the European look about this...

I think that it's about time to use some alternative energy methods, so there's still enough (affordable) gas for the wakeboard boats .
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-06-2005, 3:14 AM Reply   
Here you go Tommy. For your reading pleasure and I didn't make this up.

Without exaggeration, the most important foreign investment in the United States is the British Petroleum Company Ltd.'s Alaskan holdings involving the ownership of almost half of the Trans Alaska Pipeline and more than half of the oil in the rich Prudhoe Bay field containing upwards of 40 percent of the entire nation's proven oil reserves. And, the British government owns roughly 70 percent of British Petroleum.
Old     (laptom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-06-2005, 4:36 AM Reply   
Randy, I don't wanna go there... Just realize that you cannot flame country/people with ideas and lines, while your country is doing the same elsewhere...
Politics is one big mess, the European, the USA or the Chinese goverment... It doesn't matter.

Peace and just hope that the gas prices will drop!
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-06-2005, 8:09 AM Reply   
Gas prices are supposed to start dropping this week. Refineries are coming back online, but it may take months for them to get back to full speed with employees displaced and equipment damaged.

Also the Attorney General is hosting an investigation into price gouging by the gas companies and retailers and intends to prosecute if anyone is found guilty.

Here in Cali the price hikes were rediculous as we weren't directly affected by the Hurricane and only ship 10% of our fuel out of state. I was kinda laughing at the fact that the Safeway station out at the delta was 20-30 cents more per gallon this weekend than any of the stations 20 miles away. They knew they had deal monopolized on a holiday weekend being the only station around. They wanted $3.35 for mid grade. I think they should be fined.
Old    d_anderson            09-06-2005, 10:06 AM Reply   
I went to berryessa from sac. spent more in my truck than in the boat. Truck F350 crew cab dully V10 oooocchhh.
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-06-2005, 12:22 PM Reply   
80 gallons to refill the houseboat at norris this weekend cost $260 bones. Towing our boat to and from Cincinnati was $150 bones. It's all relative. By the way Norris Lake rocks and if you need to rent a houseboat lookup Norris Lake Houseboats at the Shanghai Marina. Brian and Ryan were awesome!

Eric
Old     (peterc4)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-06-2005, 10:10 PM Reply   
Thank goodness for company cars.
Old     (toyotafreak)      Join Date: Sep 2003       09-07-2005, 1:05 PM Reply   
Havasu Marina Chevron super is at $3.69. Never boned up my gas planning before and ended up buying twenty gallons of that stuff this weekend.

Was relieved to see Chevron super at home in Corona, CA at ONLY $3.19 last night. Never before seen CA gas cheaper than AZ.
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-07-2005, 2:43 PM Reply   
Gas in Oregon, is starting to drop a bit, Chevron is about $3.02 right now for regular. Was 3.05 yesterday.
~Tyler~
Old    natxbrotha            09-09-2005, 5:28 PM Reply   
i wish we had public transportation here...
Old     (ridnlow)      Join Date: May 2005       09-09-2005, 7:40 PM Reply   
Its 2.55 here in Mobile, AL, i figured we would be way more affected than you guys, weird...