Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 02, 2007

Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-25-2007, 2:49 PM Reply   
After scrutinizing pro audio speakers for almost two months, I finally found the set that's right for me. In my opinion, the Tyrants from NVS have the fullest sound and the least amount of brightness out of the pro audio setups I've looked at. I'm running them with a Kicker 850.4 set at 1/2 gain bridged to two 4ohm mono channels. I ended up about 1/4 of a turn down from 200hz and they absolutely rock.

Oh yeah, to top it off we had weather in the seventies, and water that looked like this for their maiden voyage.

Upload
Upload
Upload

Thanks to Duane who spent, what must have seemed forever on me, and all my questions.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-25-2007, 4:11 PM Reply   
SICK!! Congrats on the loudest speakers you can buy. No rest for the lake residents!
Old    mendo247            05-25-2007, 4:20 PM Reply   
NICE! that looks really good cliff! your boat looks killer..
Old     (liveoz)      Join Date: May 2002       05-25-2007, 6:55 PM Reply   
Very nice, and i like how you are right in front of bull horn guy's house. And oh yeah, according to the old red headed po po, those things will violate the local, state, and federal noise ordinances. Don't point them towards Vasa or you will get a visit. Also don't point them towards my place either for that matter
Old     (bailey)      Join Date: May 2001       05-25-2007, 7:26 PM Reply   
I heard you guys all the way across the lake this morning.
The water was pretty sweet this morning and the weather was incredible.
Hope you guys had fun. Do you need ear plugs to ride in the boat or is it only really loud behind it?
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-25-2007, 10:21 PM Reply   
Robert,

When are we going to finally get you out. Heck we even got John Fo to ride with us this year.

As far as sound goes, I was trying to keep it reasonable, but NVS speakers are all or nothing. You have to get used to the fact that in the boat, they don't seem to loud, but behind it they are so freakin loud the rider is telling you to turn them down.

Troy,

I'm not going anywhere near Vasa. By the way when are we going to ride???
Old     (bailey)      Join Date: May 2001       05-25-2007, 11:10 PM Reply   
I will ride with you guys any time. I think I have some ear plugs around here somewhere. I talked to Jon a couple of days ago. He likes to go really early in the morning but I think I will be up for that this year.
Send me an email and we will figure out a time.
Old     (codered)      Join Date: May 2002       05-26-2007, 2:54 AM Reply   
Cliff nice set-up!! I thought I heard you all the way down here! 70's wow thats a heat wave.Hope to seeya in august? I need to wash the dust off! Happy riding!
Old     (liveoz)      Join Date: May 2002       05-26-2007, 7:40 AM Reply   
with those things, you don't need to be near vasa, just pointing that way. I am finally getting some free time. Started going out in the mornings this week. If you ever want to stop by for a quick 6-8 am set let me know. I am also probably going to be free Saturday mornings as well, so give me a call. I'll look for you out there this morning
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-26-2007, 7:46 AM Reply   
nice cliff! and that water looks good!

no excuses now; nice boat w/ a sick wake, riding w/ jonfo, good water. you better be doin' 3s or landing an invert or two by the end of the season.

quote:

You have to get used to the fact that in the boat, they don't seem to loud,

yes they are! sure, in the bow and right underneath the speakers, they're not as loud compared to sitting directly in front of them, but they're still ear piercing loud.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-26-2007, 8:03 AM Reply   
I think it depends on where the tower sits.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       05-26-2007, 9:43 AM Reply   
I'm planning on being in Seattle around mid August. Does that thing just play music or can a guy get a pull behind it?

Lookin for a little Lake Samm love...
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-26-2007, 11:43 AM Reply   
Jarrod, and Coop,

Thanks guys! after seeing how you Cali folk rock the water, my mind was made up.

Joe,

Your right,

I'm close on the three. I've got the rotation down no problem, I just don't seem to be able to keep the handle to my back. I can pull 720's on the surface no problem, but when I'm in the air things go haywire.

Hahn,

You know your always welcome back. Heck by August the water might even be warm enough for you to take a dip.