Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 03, 2009

Old     (j_money)      Join Date: May 2006       05-15-2009, 7:13 AM Reply   
So I just got this brand new Marek board after waiting a few weeks and riding one of my old beat up decks and cant wait to get out on the water. I get it out of the box and take it for a spin (which was amazing) and when I get home later I noticed the top sheet had developed a decent size bubble in it. Im pretty sure it wasnt there when I pulled it out of the box but I was pretty excited and just mounted the bindings and hit the water without really inspecting it. Anyways I was just wondering if you guys think I should maybe send it in or just deal with it?!?! I guess I dont really wanna wait another 2 weeks and ride my old deck but after spending the amount of money I did on this board I would kinda like it to be perfect.... Anybody else have this problem with there Marek?!?! I have pics of it but I guess there to big to upload on here right now but I can email them if really interested. I havent even taken the factory stickers off yet and you cant even tell bindings were mounted on them so I hope if I do end up having to send it in they will be cool about it. All input is appreciated!!! THANKS!!! :-)
Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-15-2009, 7:24 AM Reply   
what is it 2 weeks to have a board that will stand for so long after, send it back, because you never know now its bubble but in 1 month maybe it will get worse. If it was mine id take no chance just me .2 cents
Old     (j_money)      Join Date: May 2006       05-15-2009, 7:37 AM Reply   
so send it in to HO or back to the pro shop where I got it?!?! pro shop is in Florida and Im in Minnesota.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       05-15-2009, 7:41 AM Reply   
Call Hyperlite and talk with them directly. Do you not have a local Hyperlite dealer? They should be able to handle this, and if not, Hyperlite might let you deal directly with them.
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-15-2009, 8:04 AM Reply   
Call Hyperlite directly. They'll get you taken care of. They'll be able to offer your a final solution typically. Every time I've had to deal with them they've been excellent.
Old     (j_money)      Join Date: May 2006       05-15-2009, 8:38 AM Reply   
called HO and they want me to use the local dealer thats what im gonna try and do. Pry wont be much fun to deal with them as in the past they are ridiculously hard to work with!!!
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       05-15-2009, 8:42 AM Reply   
Your local dealer is hard to work with? You shouldn't have to do much other than hand over the board and tell them to call Hyperlite. The warranty department at Hyperlite will tell them what to do.

I just did this with my local shop even though I didn't buy my bindings from them.
Old     (j_money)      Join Date: May 2006       05-15-2009, 9:39 AM Reply   
my local dealer is a big chain store called Scheels All sports and they have ZERO customer service!!! I HATE THEM to tell you the truth but I dont really wanna drive 3 hours to the next closest so im kind of stuck.....
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       05-15-2009, 9:50 AM Reply   
Dude just roll into the House Board shop they will help you out. Ask for Sean Barrett he is the manager he is the manager/director he will help you out. Tell him I sent you in.
Old    K.B.C.            05-15-2009, 9:50 AM Reply   
just ride it this season and send it back at the end of the year. it's just cosmetic. personally, I couldn't wait the 2 weeks

I had an old Premier do the exact same thing, big bubble on the top sheet. HL took care of it no problem
Old     (trevo55)      Join Date: Oct 2007       05-15-2009, 9:53 AM Reply   
if its something thats going to be a warranty right now it'll be a warranty later just take pics to document it, don't hit any rails with it and warranty it at the end of the season, that way your not out a board and you might even get next years graphic. if its just a bubble in the top sheet i doubt it'll do anything to hurt the performance, just a cosmetic blemish
Old     (j_money)      Join Date: May 2006       05-15-2009, 10:31 AM Reply   
I think I got it figured out... Scheels is checking right now but im gonna see if I can keep this one till they get another one in then I can just swap em out. Hopefully that works out for me! If not Ill pry just send it in. Thanks for the input guys!!!! :-)
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       05-15-2009, 11:07 AM Reply   
j money, i warrantied my era about less than a month ago and hyperlite has a new policy on how they warranty, its not that bad but its different. instead of sending the board back the dealer takes pictures of the board and send them to hyperlite. hyperlite then evaluates and will then send a RA# to the dealer. the dealer WILL THEN TAKE YOUR BOARD FROM YOU, and swap it out if they have in stock or hyperlite will send the RA# board to the dealer. Once the boards get traded, dealer either destroies the board or send it back; whichever hyperlite wants done. So im sure your gonna be taken care of. but im enlightening you with the new protocol.
Old     (dizzyj)      Join Date: Jul 2003       05-15-2009, 11:24 AM Reply   
they made me go through my local dealer. Wasnt bad tho ho was great to deal with.

Enjoy the board, its my favorite