Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 13, 2007

Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-07-2007, 12:01 PM Reply   
I have been riding with my buddies who each have pretty nice Wake boats (X2 and SuperAir) and I've gotten spoiled with the size and quality of the wake...My father inlaw has an '07 Crownline 210BR with the reverse tower and the wake is miniscule in comparison to the 2 other boats. Since this is the boat I ride the most I'd like to beef up the wake a little with some sacs. Any advice on where to weight and approximate #lbs would be appreciated...I know I'm not going to be able to replicate the wake from a tru wakeboard boat, but any help would be nice. Here is a layout of the interior. I'm thinking one in the storage unit and one across the back infront of the seat like a foot rest...In the shape of a T...roughly 1200lbs.
Thanks in advance. Upload
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-07-2007, 12:09 PM Reply   
Like this...Red will be visible and blue will be in the storage compartment.
Upload
Old     (travis_briscoe)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-07-2007, 2:05 PM Reply   
I would put about 60% of the weight up front as much as possible, since it's an i/o. In an i/o you already have the engine weight in back, and you will need to put the trim up(about a 1/3) in order to clean up the wake. When you put the trim up, if you don't have weight in the front, then your boat will porpoise(bounce) out of control. So about the rest of the weight can be put in the middle/back. Also, you may want even more than 1200 lbs if you can.
I have an 18.5 ft i/o and put close to 2000#s, granted it barely moves, and sucks up gas, but the wake is alright..
Old     (jusstty)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-07-2007, 2:43 PM Reply   
I would put about 1000# in the rear lockers evenly, or on top of that back seat would work fine too. Then about 600# in the bow. If you go the right speed it should create a pretty good wake to be able to do a lot of tricks.
Old     (carcrz)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-07-2007, 2:48 PM Reply   
I'm getting one sack for the bow only. When we trim up, the wake is WAAAY better, but like previously stated, you lose control & visibility.
Old     (travis_briscoe)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-07-2007, 3:20 PM Reply   
What Justin said would be just about right if the boat was an inboard, and didn't need to be trimmed. The problem with i/o's is that when you trim up (you really have to in order to get a decent wake), the front of the boat will go up; in order to keep the front down the majority of the weight needs to be up front. Putting the majority of the weight up front will keep the front down (so you can see, and so the boat doesn't porpoise), and will in turn push the entire boat deeper into the water, which is how a larger wake is created (more water displaced = larger wake).
I hope this is helpful, and not just confusing.