Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 07, 2004

Old     (autotunner69)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-01-2004, 7:12 PM Reply   
I was out on a local lake this weekend and a bunch of people in a Malibu Wakesetter came by really slow, checking out our boat. I was being nice and gave a wave and all we got back was a lot of laughs and sighs(). Ya, my boat's a Bayliner with an after-market tower and may not be as "cool" as theirs, but at least when I see someone that is out trying to "grow" the sport, a little common courteousy would be nice. This isn't going to stop me from the greatest sport on earth but it would make a person feel like everyone out there is all one happy wakeboarding family.
peace-out!!
Old    wakelvr            06-01-2004, 7:25 PM Reply   
Are you sure you didn't have a booger hanging from your nose?

People can be jerks. Good for you for keeping a good attitude!! In the meantime, did you check for boogers?
Old    upupnaway            06-01-2004, 7:40 PM Reply   
What a bunch of tools. If only they were so preoccupied with you that they ran into a rock.

If they are so insecure about themselves that they have to hack on others to validate themselves, you can sleep well tonight knowing that they are lying awake wondering what cool thing they have to buy next in order to keep their "friends".

keep ripping it up, and hope they get what is coming to them.
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-01-2004, 7:46 PM Reply   
Having a dope ride or friends with a dope ride doesn't make you a good rider. Trust me, I look like a fool riding behind some of my friends wicked boats. My riding is better suited behind my 12 y/o Mastercraft.

SFH
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-01-2004, 8:39 PM Reply   
yea, not everyone can afford a 60G$ boat. that is pretty lowly to make fun of someone with a lesser boat. When I see someone with non-wakeboard boat who is really into wakeboarding I normally cheer them on and offer them a ride. Even though my boat is just a ski boat with a tower and lots of ballast.
Old     (flashalexb)      Join Date: May 2004       06-01-2004, 8:49 PM Reply   
Hey to me if you got a tower you are already pretty tite. My parents had bought an expensive boat that me and a few friends ride behind (of course with mom on the boat)and since its there boat there is no chance of a tower going up. Luckily we have a pretty big pylon. Although it throws the best wake out of all my friends boats I still love riding behind their boats. I'm out to have fun not compete on who has the best boat. If anything I have more fun on their boats cause mom aint around "sorry mom"
Old    alanp            06-01-2004, 8:53 PM Reply   
dude if i were you i would have given those douchebags a rochambeau on the dock. i like seeing wakeboarding grow but jackasses like that dont have a clue what the sport is about. ive seen plenty of people with nice boats that struggle just jumping a wake. im guessing these clowns fit into that category b/c anyone who has spent any amount of time on the water knows clowning others peoples rides isnt cool.well unless they are fishermen, tubers, or jetskiers.
Old     (aidan)      Join Date: Feb 2004       06-01-2004, 8:58 PM Reply   
Next time just throw down some big tricks and most people like that will shut up.