Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 07, 2004

Old     (oulaxster25)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-31-2004, 8:16 PM Reply   
I’m looking to get a brand new Moomba Mobius LS or LSV. It would be great to get some of your opinions (good and bad points) about these two boats.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-31-2004, 8:35 PM Reply   
I rode behind a Bryan Locke's Supra SSV which is the same hull as the LSV. If you went with one of those boats I would highly suggest that you go with the V-drive.

The Supra SSV, even with the stock ballast and the driver being the only person in the boat, was a good wake. It was super rampy, and I think the Hydraulic Wake Plate is a must have on that boat. I rode at about 24-25 mph at 80 feet with the stock ballast and the wake plate about 25% of the way down, and the wake was a long transitioned super ramp. The table between the wakes was really thick so I was still able to go high even though the wake wasn't super tall.

Unfortunately I can't tell you how they drive, but the interior was nice, plenty of storage, lots of room, nice and plush, and the wake was good.
Old    upupnaway            06-01-2004, 3:39 AM Reply   
I own a direct drive mobius, and am very happy with it, But my next one will be a v-drive. the direct drive is very agile, but that is not a concern for me.... 99.9% of my time on the water is spent wakeboarding.
On my year of moomba, they used a pretty cheap vinyl. I bought it used, and the seats were not in the greatest shpe, so I re-covered them.
Currently, skiers choice uses about the thickest vinyl in the industry.
There are pics of my wake on this thread.
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/1/172398.html?1086022443
Old    cws_kahuna            06-01-2004, 6:48 AM Reply   
Dale,

I have a 2001 Moomba Mobius, it's a direct drive. My thoughts are similar to Mike's in that I have been very happy with the boat but my next one will be a v-drive. The direct drive Mobius has a decent wake when weighted down. It has a lot of room for friends and storage. The hull on my boat is the same hull they are using today, prior to 2001 the boat was slightly smaller 20'6" and narrower. The Mobius LSV should have a slightly better wake for wakeboarding but they are the same hull so imagine you can get the wakes to perform pretty close to each other.

Some good points are price obviously, good warrenty in my opinion, great company skiers choice (they have really been great to me), They are made very similar to the more expensive Supra line, and plenty of options.

Thane,
Just for clarification the Supra SSV and the Moomba Mobius LS/LSV are actually not the same hull. The Supra SSV is 21'8" while the Moomba Mobius LS/LSV is 20'8".

Old     (degraafics)      Join Date: Mar 2003       06-01-2004, 7:44 AM Reply   
Dale, go with the LSV. I bought one last year and my friends and I love the wake, the room in the boat, and it's performance. Me, being the owner, couldn't be happier with the boat. I got a good deal when I bought it and for the money you'll be hard pressed to beat it.
Old    lickmychode            06-01-2004, 4:39 PM Reply   
great boat, huge wake. tons of storage
options to definatly get are the play pen bow: Has room for a king sized water bed matress in its storage.
and the wake plate.
the stock ballast is ok but we outs it and went with the matress and two 500 hard tanks in the back
and for half the price of an x star
Old     (craig_riddle)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-01-2004, 5:55 PM Reply   
I have an '02 lsv and am happy with it. My understanding is that the hull is basically a waterski hull and really needs extra weight to get the wake up. I run with an extra 700 to 1200 lbs in addition to the stock 900 lbs.

I don't know about the '04's but some notes on my '02

- The wake is more rampy and less vertical than my friends Nautique
- If you ever need to waterski it makes a good ski boat
- It's a good boat but some of the details such as the vinyl and carpeting are cheaper than the more expensive boats
- Engine and trailer are great

Some must haves IMO
- tandem axle trailer
- EFI Engine
- stock automatic ballast
- perfect pass

Things I'm glad I got or wish I had
- Heater, gets used more than you might think
- Shower, don't have but often wish I had
- Depth finder, really wish I had put in
- Dual Batteries, just added, really glad I have them