Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 07, 2004

Old    metallica            05-15-2004, 2:11 PM Reply   
im trying to figure out what new board to get
i want to try to get something that has a 3-stage rocker but im not sure what .
im pretty much stuck on hyperlite so i want one of there borads

if anyone can help thanks
Old     (flashalexb)      Join Date: May 2004       05-15-2004, 8:48 PM Reply   
Premier is a great all around board the Parks will launch you really high in the air but its harder to ride. I personally would get the Premier because I have so many good experiences with it.
Old     (zride)      Join Date: May 2001       05-16-2004, 5:37 AM Reply   
Whats up man. So your deciding between the Parks and the Premier. Excellent choices. I own both of these boards (The older premier). Here are some differences that I have found that may be of help.Like Alex says, the Parks will definately give you that bucking pop that gives great height. Yes it is harder to ride that a continous rocker but you get used to it. It is the same as when you hit a double up or vertical wake. You have to pull the handle into your waist and get your body back underneith you. I prefer this kind of pop as I like the straight up feeling. Others prefer a smoother transition and you get this with a continuous rocker. The great thing about the premier is that it has a mellow three stage rocker. Meaning that the flat spot in the middle is not as big as the parks or byerly. Byerly used to have the largest three stage rocker but the parks has taken over. I like both boards for different reasons. I don't really care for mutiple fins or fins on the outside edges as the parks has. The 2003 model is the same has the 2004 model except the graphics and fin size. I was glad to see them make the fin size smaller because the board felt to grabby with the 1.3 fins they were using. They went to 1.1 on the 04 model. Also in both years you can tell which size and core Parks prefer by the face on the character that looks like him and the Pointless label on the board which the others don't have. I have had many boards with mutiple fins from different companies and I personally don't care for them as much as the molded fins. The advantages of the Parks is that it is a quick board. When you put it on edge it goes fast with minimal effort. The other advantage is pop that it delivers off of the wake. With its huge three stage rocker (something like a 10 in. flat spot) you do get some serious air over the premier. I think the disadvantes of the Parks is that it rides a little ruff in the water and it is not very forgiving. You land off, sideways, or sketchy and forget about it, you'll get slammed downed if those fins catch the water. The nice thing about the premier is that it is very forgiving. I always ride out of sketchy landing on the premier. It rides very smooth in the water. It also gived you the best of both worlds. Smooth transitions, good pop with its subtle three stage (4 in. flat spot, and overal a great board to take your skills to the next level. I think the Premier's disadvantages is that it is a little slower in the water compared to the Parks and definately doesn't deliver the pop that the Parks does. My ideal board would be the Premier with the three stage rocker that the Parks has. Thats would be a killer ride. Anyway good luck with your decision and hope this helps you out.

(Message edited by zride on May 16, 2004)
Old    metallica            05-16-2004, 6:18 AM Reply   
yea thanks man
i think im gonna try to demo both boards this weekend ill post back and tell ya what i decided

thanks for the help
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       05-16-2004, 9:50 AM Reply   
I have both boards too, both 2004's. I would go with the Premier. Good idea to demo, everybody has different tastes.
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       05-16-2004, 9:50 AM Reply   
Oh try the Premier without the center fins.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       05-17-2004, 5:50 PM Reply   
Depending on your wake and style of riding, definitely dont count out the byerly. I tried my friends 02 byerly after riding my premier for 2 years and all I can say is I wish I tried the byerly before I bought the premier. Now Im wondering about the parks as well but will definitely try it before I buy anything else, the byerly popped me more effortlessly, it is less forgiving and lands a little rough at times but it is a sweet board. Try em all, you never know what you'll like.

- Duane