Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 12, 2006

Old     (sandman59)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-08-2006, 8:16 PM Reply   
Anyone else ever get depressed about their wakeboarding skills or actually lack of wakeboarding skills? It's starting to get me down that I can't seem to progress from year to year.
Old     (treycleaton)      Join Date: Mar 2005       07-08-2006, 8:20 PM Reply   
just have fun
Old     (just_board)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-08-2006, 8:34 PM Reply   
yeah, i know what you mean rich, due to my lack of time and well, frankly, lack of a wake, i was unable to really progress before this year. i finally went out and got a board taht i really liked the feel of and it has helped me to progress, not to mention i finally have a boat that at least tries to make a wake. the best part about it though, even when i was behind our (gulp) tri-toon, i just loved getting up early in the morning and getting out there. if you're having wakeboarding blues, try getting a wake skate, they're wicked fun and just something else to do. my fall back is slalom skiing, which i am wayyy better at than wakeboarding, probably because i have been doing it since i was 12, and i have only been wakeboarding really the past two years, even though i have owned a board since 03. hope that helps man, just remember, "shredding" is to each his own, so i like to "shred" with my w2w 180 attempts, so get out there and shred!
Old     (sandman59)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-08-2006, 8:43 PM Reply   
One problem is that the wakeboarding scene in my area is almost non-existent. It would be nice to take someone out with me that could help with my progression. Oh ya, I also seem to get older every year.
Old     (momsmobius)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-11-2006, 8:33 PM Reply   
Rich, I know just how you feel. I seem to go backwards most of the time. I've been riding forever and still have a lot of trouble clearing the wake toeside!!!! I get down on myself and then don't have fun at it anymore. So I try not to compare myself with anyone else... hard to do some days. The age thing plays a part in it too I think. Geez we could break a hip (LOL)!!! Any how just keep at it and hold on to the reason you started this...it's FUN.
Old    alanp            07-11-2006, 8:53 PM Reply   
i hear you loud and clear rich. the scene out here is pretty dead too. there are alot of nice boats out on the river i ride on. however i think this year ive only scene two persons doing an invert(backroll). most of the people out here are more interested in sitting on the sandbars with their boats rather than riding. it gets me a little bummed out.