Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 16, 2005

Old    dukeboy            04-07-2005, 11:14 AM Reply   
Last summer I had a tibea plateau break from wakeboarding...just curious what injuries other riders on wakeworld have sustained while riding?

Post your war stories!
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-07-2005, 11:27 AM Reply   
Lets see had stitches in my chin from a front flip, ripped all the tendons in my ankle on a DU tantrum grab (driven by MR. Duke) Oh ya tore my mincus two years ago and had serg. Also got the handle stuck on my fore arm last summer and ripped that all up no I have phantom pains from nerves not being attached in my arm. Best Quote from my DR. You treat your body like a rental.
Old     (greenthumb)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-07-2005, 12:37 PM Reply   
Bruised and torn ego from being such a bad rider here.
Old    wakeboardn4life            04-07-2005, 12:48 PM Reply   
i just recently tore my acl doin a scarecrow now i have to get surgery in the next week or so 4 months of rehad
Old     (ncstateharvey)      Join Date: Dec 2003       04-07-2005, 3:37 PM Reply   
Torn MCL,ACl, PCL and meniscus in the left knee. Had a three ligament reconstruction in Oct. I Don't have any feeling in the knee but the flexibility and strength is coming back around slowly.

I did it on a wakeskate W2W.
Old     (aspenshayn)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-07-2005, 4:02 PM Reply   
just wondering if everyone that tore up there knees did it by slipping through the binding or some binding problem. I tore my acl, meniscus last june. I slid through the binding about 4 inches coming off a back roll a little short and WHAM! I did heavy rehab, but didn't make it back on the water last year. I didn't trust myself to take it easy.
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       04-07-2005, 5:06 PM Reply   
Last summer, I got my arm stuck in the handle, which only managed to bruise, and strain my arm. So far, this season... I've dislocated my left shoulder, trying a TS backroll. About a month later, I tried another TS backroll, and ended up with 4 stitches on my forehead. About two weeks ago, I managed to knock myself out, after I attempted a raley without any pop... Bad move. Other than that, I've been blessed with healthy, harmless riding.

-Blake
Old     (mvda)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-07-2005, 6:00 PM Reply   
My right pectoral muscle stripped completely off the the tendon when I was bringing down an overextended hoochie glide. It can't be re-attached The tendon holding half of my left bicep snapped of the bone when I my arm got tangled in a handle. I've also had a ruptured eardrum, torn MCL (no surgery required), meniscus damage, dislocated ribs, spained ankles, severely sprained neck and a few concussions. I love this sport!
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       04-07-2005, 7:11 PM Reply   
Wow, after reading Matts post Im gonna be afraid to throw any trick this summer.
Old     (davidbouvier)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-07-2005, 7:17 PM Reply   
torn labrum in both shoulders and two surgeries in the last 1.5 years. torn acl that hasn't been fixed yet.
Old     (auto)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-07-2005, 7:51 PM Reply   
Lets see, torn bicep tendon surgery last year, attached to new spot, humerus, me. Two ACL's, fiancee and friend. 20 stitches, me, board edge hit at nose a tore upwards, 10 outside nose, 10 inside. One concussion. Riding buddy just had ACL surgery today. It's all good.
Old    scooterx            04-07-2005, 7:57 PM Reply   
Hey, let's not have any more of these posts as the season begins. Maybe at the end of the summer...
Old    pappasurf            04-08-2005, 10:42 AM Reply   
Jesse, I had the exact same injury happen to me at the end of February. Platuea fracture of the tibia. They threw in a couple of bolts, and I get off crutches in a couple of weeks. How long did it take you to get back on the board?
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-08-2005, 11:30 AM Reply   
I get a lot of sore ankles.
Old     (kevin_bird)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-08-2005, 11:46 AM Reply   
Broken ribs, Dislocated left shoulder, torn rotator right shoulder, and also i had a bad fall that i got a concussion on and a week later my kidneys shut down due to toxins being released in my body because of the impact of the fall. Kidneys are important!
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-08-2005, 11:49 AM Reply   
Had several aches and pains (probably common for an old fart like me!) but in August I tore an abdominal muscle on a really hard faceplant where my bindings did not release. I SURE don't want to do that again. I will spare you the pain of the pictures.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-08-2005, 11:59 AM Reply   
You guys ought to kill this thread right here.
Old     (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-13-2005, 2:39 AM Reply   
lol yeah this is a bad thread, but here's some more...

torn ACL, meniscus, broken thumb :-)
Old    260searay            04-13-2005, 2:49 AM Reply   
come on you guys are scaring us rookies lol I raced motocross for 9 years, this is water i thought injuries were done now.
Old    wakegal02            04-13-2005, 5:04 PM Reply   
Yeah, that's what most people think, it's just water! Last winter when I went snowboarding I was with an instructor, we were doing some jumps. I was telling him how I wakeboarded and all, his response to me was "thats a whimpy sport compared to snowboarding, I mean come on how hurt can you get falling on water?" If only he could see this thread.