Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 28, 2007

Old     (knwebs)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-17-2007, 12:13 PM Reply   
Ordered it last month and took delivery of it on Friday. It's Calabria Pro-V 24' team addition. It's upgraded with the 1000 lbs of ballast and a wake trim plate. I've owned an 05 and 06 Pro-V and boarding yesterday proved that the new plate and added weight have contributed to a nicer wake. I didn't get to surf yesterday but I did set it up for surf and the wake is even bigger than before. My buddies will be VERY pleased... Here's a couple pics for your enjoyment.

BTW, the new trailer that Calabria is using beats the hell out of the DHM. It's got 20's on it, led all the way around, chrome fendors, and built in tie downs on the rear of the trailer. Anyone that has a pre-07 model should seriously consider upgrading. The new dash panel and passenger side are a great addition...

Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-17-2007, 12:15 PM Reply   
i see no pics?
Old     (knwebs)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-17-2007, 12:17 PM Reply   
Pics didn't upload..here they are.

Upload
Upload

Upload
Upload
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-17-2007, 12:20 PM Reply   
that color is sweet
Old     (yager97)      Join Date: Feb 2007       09-17-2007, 12:23 PM Reply   
wow, nice boat. Calabria makes a super nice looking ride.
Old     (deltaboy)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-17-2007, 12:23 PM Reply   
Trailer looks just like my SportBoats trailer, same wheels etc. different bow stops though. Like em alot. Nice looking boat have fun. I hear the adjustable trim makes all the difference with the surf wake as well.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-17-2007, 12:34 PM Reply   
I was going to say it looks like a sportboat to until I saw the bow stops. If it is a sportboat they are super nice. Especially if they have the 4 wheel disc brakes and torsion suspension. Another thing that makes me question it is there are no rollers on the prop guard, but that could just be an option. I use to work for Cope and McPhetres and we used Sportboat on all our MCs. I could tow x-45's all day long and could hardly tell it was back there going over bumps or stopping. I could definatly tell it was there accelerating though. By the way nice boat. I just bought a 2004 Cal-Air. Haven't gotten to use it much yet but it really is a nice boat.

Looks like you need to raise up the hitch a little. That will help the way it rides a lot.

(Message edited by polarbill on September 17, 2007)
Old     (knwebs)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-17-2007, 2:15 PM Reply   
Yates, I would raise it up but the winch won't reach the ground right now. I have to step on the extension to get it to release. Guess I need to talk with them about switching it out with a longer one. The trailer is a Sportboat. Disc brakes and all. Course I don't have any issues stopping or pulling with my bus... I will get pics out of the wake.
Old     (supra24ssv)      Join Date: Mar 2006       09-17-2007, 2:56 PM Reply   
is it 24 with the platform, it looks short (very good looking)
Old     (dfizzle15)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-18-2007, 8:36 AM Reply   
Sick!! Time to upgrade.
Old     (midlifecrisis)      Join Date: Feb 2007       09-18-2007, 10:51 AM Reply   
I like the trailer.
Old     (hp_inc)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-18-2007, 11:30 AM Reply   
Pretty boat man...we loved our Calabria. Looks good on that trailer. I would have to say I like the new colors vs. your old one. Sick boat!
Old     (knwebs)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-18-2007, 11:31 AM Reply   
same size inside but the platform is a bit longer than the teak previously. I'm not sure if that makes it longer than the 23'7" but overall still a 24'.

Rick, the trailer really sits the boat off..
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-18-2007, 12:34 PM Reply   
Like I said before I really like the boat, but Calabria needs to quit misleading people. The Pro-V is a 21 and half foot boat. It would be awesome if Calabria made a real 24 foot boat. It would be absolutley enormous inside.

(Message edited by polarbill on September 18, 2007)
Old     (knwebs)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-18-2007, 12:49 PM Reply   
Brett, I think you're mistaken. All boats include the length of the platform. It is huge inside the pro-V. I've had 15 people in mine and nobody up in the bow. It's rated for 15 or 2450lbs. The thing that makes the pro-v so large is the width. I believe the beam is 102" or 8.5'. I've owned Bu, Supreme, Nautique, and Supra and all are quite a bit smaller inside. I believe the bu 247 isn't as wide either. I'm not familiar with others but these are the ones we see most often at our local watering hole.
Old     (deltaboy)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-18-2007, 1:02 PM Reply   
Its my understanding that they measure from bow along the rub rail to the end of the swim platform and thats where they get the number. If you measure from tip of bow to transom through the center of the boat then you will get a true measure closer to what Brett is saying. And FYI not all boats include the platform in the measurements. Ours is a 20.5 w/o platform and advertised that way.

Ken it doesnt really matter the boat is killer and have fun with it while you can.
Old     (knwebs)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-18-2007, 1:16 PM Reply   
Kevin thanks for clarifying. You're right doesn't matter to me I enjoy the Calabria...

(Message edited by knwebs on September 18, 2007)
Old     (auto)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-18-2007, 1:52 PM Reply   
Kenny great looking boat. Do you have a brother that use to water ski at Oklahoma Stat Univ?
Old     (knwebs)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-18-2007, 1:58 PM Reply   
yup, his name is Charlie. I too skied there or should I say drank there.... I grew up tournment skiing and could do flips and such on my trick ski when wakeboards hit the scene it was an easy transition! When I left I held the salaom record of 2 1/2 at 38off not many great skiiers around here so it's probably just a record in my mind ;0).
Old     (drewsnautique94)      Join Date: Nov 2006       09-18-2007, 2:15 PM Reply   
what a rip on the length..if im paying for a 24 ft boat, it better be 24 ft..no measuring on a curve and adding the platform..what a joke on calabrias part, or more the guy buying the "24 ft" boat..
Old     (drewsnautique94)      Join Date: Nov 2006       09-18-2007, 2:18 PM Reply   
what a rip on the length..if im paying for a 24 ft boat, it better be 24 ft..no measuring on a curve and adding the platform..what a joke on calabrias part, or more the guy buying the "24 ft" boat..
Old     (auto)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-18-2007, 3:15 PM Reply   
Kenny, knew your brother, was on the ski team, I was there when we got the first Malibu, and got the original Bud sponsorship. Yeah, I think ol Kevin Withrow is still skiing mens slalom.
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-18-2007, 3:56 PM Reply   
i don't mean to knock on Calabria but have they changes anything on the inside of the boat at all. it looks the exact same from back in 02 when my shop use to sell them. it just seems like they would sell more if they kept up with the rest of the industry as far as the progression of new disigns goes.
Old     (deltaboy)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-18-2007, 9:38 PM Reply   
I sort of agree Ryan L but its classy and why mess with it? When designing our interior I went back a few years and took some ideas I saw from Malibu and CC, wasnt into the look the new boats were heading inside. But to each their own right? I like the Cali's inside and out. If I didnt fall in love with my boat I just may have bought a Cali.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       09-18-2007, 9:50 PM Reply   
Kevin ~~ I understand, I have grown to love Calabria in the last two years. It's all on Ryan that moved from Cali. to Utah and offered my family two years worth of pulls. Not to mention the space but with the proper weight this boat throws one hell of a wake. 21, 22 or 23 who cares this boat has it all!!!
Old     (westsyde)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-18-2007, 10:31 PM Reply   
The boat looks bitchin, love the color too. We have an '05 Pro-V, and it's awesome. Plenty of room for everyone and it throws a killer wake. Enjoy it!!
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-19-2007, 6:15 PM Reply   
ooooo nooooo CJ. you got sucked into wakeworld. its almost about as addecting as myspace hahahah. when are we all going to meet up at the lake its starting get cold here in town.
Old     (dhands88)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-19-2007, 6:50 PM Reply   
nice looking ride cant wait till next season to test the new wakeplate and ballast and i will be the judge on wake size. Torn acl or i would test it this weekend. old cal air with about 6 peeps in the boat my kind of wake. sorry couldnt get out last weekend busy around here. hey kenny checked items for sale got a jl 12 w7 on there ur kind of sub.
Old     (westsyde)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-19-2007, 7:09 PM Reply   
Lace- What's happening bro?? Really want to get together, just unsure when. I'll keep ya posted.