Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 29, 2007

Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-24-2007, 9:40 AM Reply   
Can you get under the bridges to the other lakes on the chain with a tower/ is it deep enough to go through?
moving down there in a while and just trying to figure out where all I can adventure
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-24-2007, 11:03 AM Reply   
No problem with the tower hitting the bridges, just shallow. You can get from Summit to Eloise and Eloise to Lulu. The Winterset canal where I live is impossible for an inboard/vdrive to go through. Where are you moving to?
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-24-2007, 11:29 AM Reply   
Park Lake Condos, right on Lulu i guess... haven't seen the place, Barry Byrd on this site is setting me up with the place... just to escape the wisconsin winter... we're bringing our boat and was just wondering if we can lauch at the condo all the time, or should go trailer to others for exploring... i'm looking for people to ride with, you and your son ever wanna go out let me know, I'm sure we'll ride most every single day
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-24-2007, 11:38 AM Reply   
I take my son after work as much as I can. Jimmy Trask and Will Christien have been working with him. Byrd is a friend of mine I'm sure he will hook you up. There is a lot of riding going on in the Chain and Lk Lulu, Zane, Jeff House, Dave Briscoe and whoever else stops by. The boat ramp is in Lk Summit so you shoulb be ok. When do you get here?
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-24-2007, 11:53 AM Reply   
Hopefully Jan. 1st... give or take... then stay through march/april...whenever byrd wants us out... I'm really pumped to nearly double the riding season...I really hope I can just a lot better, prob. won't happen but might as well do it while i'm young enough to get away with it...
I'm sure I'll see you guys out and about down there... i'm so giddy about it all.. man o man
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-24-2007, 12:43 PM Reply   
why wait til Jan.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-24-2007, 1:47 PM Reply   
I'm in school right now, next semester I will just take all my classes online, or maybe transfer down to USF, mostly likely online though... but til the 22nd of december I am trapped in Wisconsin
Old     (goatroper222000)      Join Date: Dec 2006       10-24-2007, 3:45 PM Reply   
I rode with dave briscoe on lake lulu,and he said you can but you have to get out and push the boat thru. i wouldnt try it, mite do somethin to a prop or something.

P.S. Dave had his boat at Zane's house and i got to see Zane's Xstar. nothin special, but it sure made me want 80,000 :-)
Old     (jgrunow)      Join Date: May 2004       10-24-2007, 6:57 PM Reply   
How is the canal to Lake Roy? Can you make it through?
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       10-25-2007, 5:54 AM Reply   
Josh, big difference going through the canal in Dave's boat and a Nautique SuperSport. Nick, you should be fine. If Zane can get to Eloise in his Pro Weighted X-Star, you wont have any problems, even if you do have to push it through every once and a while...

IMO, the canal to lake roy would still be somewhat of a challenge, but I have not tried it lately.
Old     (goatroper222000)      Join Date: Dec 2006       10-25-2007, 4:48 PM Reply   
yea they said it was low. i stayed in the hotel on lake roy. they would have picked me up but i guess it was too low. but yea i know what you mean byrd, i didnt know he was in a SuperSport. sry. but if you want to try it, then go for it!
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-25-2007, 4:56 PM Reply   
supersports were designed to go through mud or whatever the bottom is... nautique was ahead of its time in 95'
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-25-2007, 5:40 PM Reply   
I've been through the canal from Lake Roy to LuLu in years past. If the water is at normal levels you must lower the tower. Last spring when we were there the water was low and you had to push the boat through the mud.
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       10-26-2007, 6:44 AM Reply   
I spoke with a buddy that lives on Lake Roy last night and he has an MC X-10. He tried to go through the canal, and couldnt make it last weekend.
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-26-2007, 10:47 AM Reply   
Just run it, you take up less water at 45mph.
Old     (jgrunow)      Join Date: May 2004       10-29-2007, 7:02 PM Reply   
Thanks for the advice Billy....I will try that.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-30-2007, 8:32 AM Reply   
Yeah, the prop we have will only allow us to do about 32 mph....is that fast enough to make it/ destroy our boat upon impact
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-30-2007, 9:02 AM Reply   
Nick at that speed, you may have to do it twice.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-30-2007, 11:09 AM Reply   
okay, as long as I know what I'm up against

...yesterday morning on NGC was a show about 3 women who died, in florida, from alligators... it was really not what I wanted to see
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       10-30-2007, 12:17 PM Reply   
Were any of them wakeboarding? If not dont worry about it, lol...