Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 24, 2009

Old     (cdrymalla)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-13-2009, 5:41 AM Reply   
Well, we are finally getting some rain with reports of minor flooding yesterday, so I was wondering if Lake Austin would be safe for boarding today (Sunday) as it looks like most of the showers have moved on? Are there typically debris issues, current/flow issues, or the like; or should it be ok? I hate to get the boat out there only to find the conditions are not worth it.

I have only boated there this year, so I have not had to deal with the lake after a rain....

I stayed off the lake last weekend for the holiday and really wanted to get out to the lake this weekend, but the window of opportunity is shrinking....
Old     (jcollinge)      Join Date: Apr 2004       09-13-2009, 6:27 AM Reply   
Should be ok. There will be some debris but usually you will see it before it becomes a problem (wood, branches, etc...).
Old     (axeman)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-13-2009, 8:16 AM Reply   
You should be alright. Wish it was clear up here in Dallas!
Old     (texastbird)      Join Date: May 2003       09-13-2009, 8:22 AM Reply   
I'm happy to take a weekend off to watch the lake levels come up. Rain in Texas is always a blessing - especially right now.
Old     (axeman)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-13-2009, 8:32 AM Reply   
Oh yeah forgot to mention watch the hydrilla when you are far up river. It's pretty tall on the right side if you are heading up river on the north end...
Old     (fletch_tx)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-13-2009, 1:36 PM Reply   
we were out there this morning at 7:30am....
Old     (jcollinge)      Join Date: Apr 2004       09-13-2009, 1:51 PM Reply   
Don't rub it in Fletch... What an epic failure on my part... And how the hell did you get up before 10:00 am?

(Message edited by jcollinge on September 13, 2009)
Old     (fletch_tx)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-13-2009, 1:55 PM Reply   
It was ....only one other boat out there....barefooter. 2 sets each and we were off the water before 11, taking our sweet time...
Old     (cdrymalla)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-13-2009, 4:39 PM Reply   
Thanks guys. We let the kids sleep in and made it out there from about 10-2. It was perfect. We didn't have to go past city park for great water. The lower end was quiet enough and I wanted to stay close to the ramp just in case the sky opened up. We left the ramp just as a shower rolled in. Ended up making a great day out of it.
Old     (dizzyj)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-13-2009, 8:56 PM Reply   
Mark, taking your own sweet time is called doddling
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       09-14-2009, 7:36 AM Reply   
Hey, be careful with that boat! I don't want you tearing it up before we get down there next weekend.
Old     (jcollinge)      Join Date: Apr 2004       09-14-2009, 1:43 PM Reply   
Don't bother coming down. Lake Austin closes from Labor Day until Memorial Day. You need a special pass from Dizzy for access. But he's picky.
Old     (fletch_tx)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-14-2009, 3:04 PM Reply   
...and you can only get a pass from Princess Dizzy if you pick him up at his dock for a dock start pull so he doesn't get his hair wet. :-)
Old     (dizzyj)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-15-2009, 1:28 PM Reply   
unless were taking my boat. They you have to prep it for me.

I didnt make the rules, I just enforce em....

-princess
Old     (fletch_tx)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-15-2009, 1:34 PM Reply   
James(Puckhead) - that's my new thing....I've been getting up twice a week for 6:45am dawn patrol for a while now! I'm grew a bit tired of battling the beach launch situation out west. It turns out that I'm actually enjoying having a full day ahead of me once we get off the water. Going out west means an all day affair...getting home after 10pm. :-)
Old     (jcollinge)      Join Date: Apr 2004       09-15-2009, 4:03 PM Reply   
Yup. That's James Style right thar...