Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 08, 2007

Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-21-2007, 1:21 PM Reply   
More and more I keep seeing amateurs and pros alike not wearing vests. What gives? In my personal opinion, being role models for a lot of younger riders would make me think that they should always wear them.

What does everyone else think?
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       06-21-2007, 1:28 PM Reply   
Sounds like someone is going to have to sink and disappear forever (which can happen easily at the dirty Delta) before everyone remembers why some sort of minimal vest is necessary.
Old     (jakoerber)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-21-2007, 1:28 PM Reply   
i think its ignorant, you never know the circumstances there could be a small log in the water and you hit your head and your done for
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-21-2007, 1:39 PM Reply   
I think a lot of it has to do with people perhaps over-trusting their set-ups, their bindings in particular. People just don't fall out of their bindings as much as they used to. Personally, I only come out of mine maybe 2 or 3 times a season. If you always stay in your bindings, there's very little difference between no vest and the thickest CGA vest ever made (except in regards to the sting of impact). Land unconscious face down, the board will keep you face down, so you're screwed regardless. Land unconscious face up, the board will keep you--and usually your head--above water. Not saying that excuses it, but it's just an observation.

P.S. I'm sure you're aware of this, but about 90% of the time pros wear T-shirts in videos, they have comp vests on underneath. I imagine it's the same way with amateurs.

(Message edited by jcv on June 21, 2007)
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-21-2007, 1:44 PM Reply   
Jeff - are you saying that if you DON'T wear a vest, your board stays on, and you land face up, that your head will stay out of the water?

I don't think so man.

I feel guilty for wearing just my comp vest sometimes. I couldn't imagine putting the other people in the boat in a situation where they would have to jump in after me, because I'm unconcious and decided to not wear vest. When I see someone get in without a life vest, I usually say, "go ahead but I'm not jumping in after your unconcious ass." I don't mean it because I really would jump in after them, but I just try to make them realize my perspective on the whole situation.

(Message edited by thane_dogg on June 21, 2007)
Old     (detonate69)      Join Date: Apr 2001       06-21-2007, 1:51 PM Reply   
Jeff: No offense but that was one of the dumbest things I've ever read on here. You're wakeboard will not keep you afloat if you are knocked out. If you land face down you will float face down, even with a vest, but you will float on top of the water with a vest not under it. If you land face up the board WILL NOT float your head above water like you said. A hard fall WILL pull you out of your bindings, maybe not everytime but it only takes one.

EVERYONE wear a vest, USCG if possible and atleast a comp vest. Something is 100x better than nothing.

Do not forget the story of Cory Kaut, RIP.
http://www.wakeworld.com/News/2000/CoryKraut.asp
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-21-2007, 1:55 PM Reply   
riding with no vest? haha duh
floating the same without a vest as long as your board is on? yeah ok

wow, why not also teak surf and suck on the exhaust?

who is dumber the one riding without a vest or the one driving the boat towing the vestless one?
with the extreme danger presented by step off skis alone i just can't imagine...

i would not pull anybody without a vest on at the very minimum.

(Message edited by bftskir on June 21, 2007)
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       06-21-2007, 2:08 PM Reply   
the next time you are out riding jeff, I want you to float on your back with your board on and no vest... now I want to then exhale as much as possible and note the results... when you get knocked out, nothing keeps water from entering your lungs, your lungs fill with water, your body is already 75% water I think? muscle is denser than water, you sink... so u dont have your lungs keeping you afloat, you are neutrally boyant + muscle mass = bye bye jeff, you will note nearly the same results with a Non approved vest depending on model, with an approved vest your whole body will float above water and your crew will be able to grab you before your lungs are all the way full I'd hope... sorry man but that was one of THE dumbest things Ive ever read, try telling C-dub and those guys that riding without a vest is alright. Corey Kraut??? as was posted, not worth it man...
Old     (fatsac)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-21-2007, 2:09 PM Reply   
Andy, if you cut out all of the sarcasm, you make a good point in the last sentence.
As an owner/driver, I simply would not pull anyone without a vest. End of discussion.
Does Nicky Hayden ride w/out a helmet?
Liddell w/out a mouthpiece?
It's just common sense.
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-21-2007, 2:18 PM Reply   
Breath people. I never ride without a vest; just giving a reason why I think some people might, however faulty their logic may be.

(Message edited by jcv on June 21, 2007)
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-21-2007, 2:57 PM Reply   
I only come out of my bindings on tricks im unlikely to land, like 311's 313's 911's krypts ect, those ones ive got no chance at but are fun to do at the end of a run.

david, i think what jeff said was true, thane dogg's understanding was kinda un-intelligent though [no offense]. jeff is saying if you land face down and unconcious you're dead, plain and simple. [unless someone saves you of course.]

i've landed unconcious face up plenty of times in my helium and been floating fine. btw fatsac, a helmet's a whole different story, depending on what youre trying, ride over water, don't wear a helmet, ride rails, wear a helmet. i don't think i was very helpful to this thread but,...
Old     (josh_r_skater)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-21-2007, 3:02 PM Reply   
shhhhhhhh
Old    walt            06-21-2007, 3:10 PM Reply   
No vest = NO PULL !

No vest also equals Darwin's theory at work.
Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-21-2007, 3:28 PM Reply   
I deal with life and death all the time.....there is no substitute for safety....period......ever! The funny thing is accidents happen because you could not foresee the unexpected.....so you must always eliminate as many factors as possible to reduce the risks. Wearing a life jacket reduces one of those risks.
Old     (jermiside)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-21-2007, 3:30 PM Reply   
I don't wear a vest, I drive blind folded, I sky dive without a parachute, I drink water in Mexico, & I shake hands with politicians and smile...
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-21-2007, 3:46 PM Reply   

quote:

If you always stay in your bindings, there's very little difference between no vest and the thickest CGA vest ever made

quote:

Land unconscious face up, the board will keep you--and usually your head--above water.

Trevor - not trying to start a pissing contest here, but I'm pretty sure that I read those 2 statements correctly. Jeff implied that if you land face up, but unconcious, sans vest, your board will keep your head above water.

How can I not take offense to you calling my understanding un-intelligent?

Answer me 2 questions:

Would you rather be face down, unconcious, with a vest, board on, OR face up, unconcious, no vest, board on?

what's a 311?

for the sake of arguement, I've been face down unconcious with a vest on, in my board, and the boat had enough time to come back and flip me over, and I was ok.
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-21-2007, 3:50 PM Reply   
how do you know you were unconscious? my friends had to tell me i was unconscious because i was unconscious at the time...
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       06-21-2007, 3:58 PM Reply   
probably cuz his friends told him he was unconscious.
not sure if you were sarcastic with your comments or not.

I always wear a vest.
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-21-2007, 4:03 PM Reply   
I am with Thane on this. I used to ride comp vests and switched to CGA vests for several reasons: mainly because they offered better flotation in an accident. Anyone who has been injured and left floating with a comp vest knows ohh too well how crappy that is. With a CGA vest you can simply relax and let the spotter help you out of your bindings etc.

There is NO WAY "Land unconscious face up, the board will keep you--and usually your head--above water." Unless your already dead and floating.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-21-2007, 4:09 PM Reply   
Been there, done that.

When I got knocked out, I woke up face first in the water. I was so disoriented, I thought down was up. I actually swam down a few feet before I realized where I was at and headed to the surface.

I'd never even think of riding without a vest.
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-21-2007, 4:41 PM Reply   
I've only rode once without a vest. After falling I couldn't keep my head above water while waiting for the handle. it only took once. I hadn't wakeboarded very long at the time but it was a very stupid idea.

all of you who think differently your a dumb @$$
Old     (allen)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-21-2007, 5:25 PM Reply   
May be alot of the time its under a t-shirt or jersey and your just not realizing it. both of these guys have vest on but you can't really tell.Upload
Upload
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-21-2007, 5:27 PM Reply   
I used to ride with a non-cga vest, when the CGA vests were big and bulky. Eventually (a few years ago) the difference reached a point of diminishing returns for 95% of the riders, meaning it will make no difference to your riding and very little difference in comfort to use a CGA vest. In 2003 I switched to a CGA vest, and low and behold later that year I had a compound tib/fib fracture on a scarecrow. I know for a fact that the situation would have been a lot more panicky had I been wearing a non-CGA vest with my head bobbing, but since I was wearing a CGA vest I floated great and that was no longer a concern.

I won't pull anyone wakeboarding without a vest on - period. I would prefer my friends to use CGA vest, but that is not always the case. Perhaps it is time to invest in a couple really nice CGA vests to let my friends borrow, to enlighten them that there are good alternatives.
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       06-21-2007, 7:56 PM Reply   
We've already lost at least one well know rider to the peril of not wearing a vest. Do we have to lose another so that people wake up again?

I'm very disapointed to see more and more video footage of riders without vests on. It's a bad impression to give to our young and comers, and even those just getting into the sport.

Riding without a vest doesn't make you cool, it doesn't make you stylish, it does increase the chances of you not sitting in the boat out will all your friends again.
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-21-2007, 8:08 PM Reply   
What videos are you guys watching? Other than Parks (and occasionally Rusty), I rarely see any pros--in videos or magazines--riding vestless and shirtless. It could be a problem if young riders don't assume that there's a vest underneath the shirt, but I really have noticed this trend.
Old     (aces6692)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-21-2007, 8:40 PM Reply   
is riding without a vest illegal in some states, or all?
Old    kidrik            06-21-2007, 9:05 PM Reply   
This topic has come up several times in the past.......and my point has always been that all of the top riders in the world, or even the best riders on this site, wouldn't miss a beat regardless of which vest they wore......IMO.

There are so many vests now a days that are "non-restrictive"........that I can't imagine that any of the tricks in...........let's say the "Butter Effect" being any different because of it....?

If you're a bad ass, you're a bad ass....no matter what board, bindings OR vest you may wear....... IMO!

If Michael Jordan threw on some ol' Converse Chuck Taylor's in his prime,(or now) would he still not dunk on your ass???

If Chuck Liddell put on TWENTY oz. gloves, would he still not knock your ass out???

If Jessica Alba wore a one piece in a photo shoot, would she not still be HOT...? OOPS! Sorry, getting carried away....

But my point is, in my small little world of an opinion, that I can't see a "vest" making anyone that much better, and I personally would allow myself every chance possible to make it home safe to kiss my family, friends, or ANY other loved ones.........

I sure hope that my "happy hour" post doesn't come off as judgemental, cuz I could care less what anyone chooses for themselves.......(and trust me, I do plenty of things up for debate!) It's just that I can't get past the point that if Andrew or Rusty (random) wore CGA vests, that they would all of a sudden drop out of contention for the top spot....?
Doesn't Phillip Soven, and a few others compete in CGA......?

Again, this post is in fun.......and just my lame ass opinion....

Old     (justcoz5)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-22-2007, 12:40 AM Reply   
People have stated safety reasons a number of times, but here is a different spin on it. If you drive, or own the boat, and you pull a rider without a vest and they drown, you are looking at a lawsuit, and probably no more boat.

I don't know how many of you watch baseball, but this year a pitcher for the st. louis cardinals died because he was driving drunk without a seatbelt, talking on his cell phone, and he ran into a tow truck on the side of the road that was assisting a broken down car. I assume that most of you, like me would consider this guy a total dumbazz, not only for killing himself, but for endangering others. But here is the crazy part, the dad of the drunk driver is suing the company that owns the tow truck. If this can take place, imagine what can happen if you tow a rider without a vest and they end up drowning.
Old     (borka)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-22-2007, 12:51 AM Reply   
Life vest can save your life. I think its a good reason to wear it...
Old     (mx118)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-22-2007, 5:05 AM Reply   
There are a lot of riders I see here in TX that don't wear vest.

I had a kid do a railey right next to my boat and had to check hard or he was going to hit the bow of my boat.

I am just scared of what would of happened to him, our water is not clear and was moving pretty good.

It is not worth it!!!!
Old     (wakeman7)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-22-2007, 5:38 AM Reply   
the only time I have even thought about not wearing a vest was when I was going to ride in 1ft or less of water with someone ready to jump in to save me.
Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       06-22-2007, 6:36 AM Reply   
i see riders on Fuel not wearing vests a lot. i always say to my wife everything that is being said here. just plain stupid and i dont understand why the pros do it either. i have a feeling that nobody on here will admit to not wearing a vest now that everyone is throwing knives at the situation.

my sister hates that she cant find a USCGA vest. she said none of them fit her right. she had a comp. vest and after my wife got knocked unconscious last year, i changed the rules on my boat. i guess she's uncomfortable, yet still riding well. no difference.
Old     (ifishok)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-22-2007, 6:41 AM Reply   
Here's a quote I've used in the past.........
"I wouldn't be caught dead wearing a life vest."

A lot of people misunderstand that thinking I don't wear a jacket at all, but I wear one all the time, plus I have a Wife and two boys, and they need me to be around from awhile.
Old     (kalenk)      Join Date: Feb 2007       06-22-2007, 6:48 AM Reply   
worst thread ever
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-22-2007, 6:58 AM Reply   
agreed. riders, it's a free world. do what you want. if the boat owners rules are to wear a vest, then wear a vest. if ur still living under ur dads roof and that's his rule, wear a vest.

(Message edited by ironj32 on June 22, 2007)
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-22-2007, 7:21 AM Reply   
I have noticed that tons on people don't wear vest at slider comps and I think that this is very irresponsible it gives people the impression that a vest doesn't need to be worn behind the boat. These are two very different situations. Do you have to wear a vest at PWT events? I know you have to wear a helmet to have obstacle points count. What about a vest?
Old     (rickykamberra)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-22-2007, 7:27 AM Reply   
No vest = sittin in in the boat
Old     (swami)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-22-2007, 7:29 AM Reply   
Slider comps are a whole different animal, you've got several people ready to haul you out and the water is both shallow and clear in a controlled situation.

I think any rider strapping in behind a boat should put on a vest, they are comfy and you have a full range of motion.

I can see why people do ride without vest though.. same reason people ride motorcycles without helmets (aside from messing up the mullet)... it gives them a sense of freedom and a rush of doing something taboo.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-22-2007, 8:14 AM Reply   
it sure is a rush riding with out a vest. i've done it once. it sure makes you concentrate on what your doing and gives you that little extra incentive to stick everything...i had the best run of the season the one time with out a vest.
Old     (committed)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-22-2007, 8:26 AM Reply   
"worst thread ever"

Agreed. What's next?
Life is full of choices, and even with an "approved" jacket, out-facedown, your at the mercy of your boat mates-UNLESS your rockin the brightest of Orange horsecollars. I come from a surfing background, and PLENTY of surfers have drowned over the years, some big names too, and there is NEVER a movement towards wearing anything. Great, wear a vest, no brainer! But once in a while, when I am just having fun in the back, not tryin to go big, slidin my lil heart out, I might just do it speedo-no vestage. That's bad?
For what it's worth, I would like to know what this post is about? I get 3 mags and my vid's are numerous. Unless it's a shot of Shapiro from 1997, the vestless exposure is so small, and the VESTED ones so big, how does this effect/influence us again?
Do what you like. All the posturing in the world isn't goin to change things. Safety is nice, but really, anything can happen at any time-vested, helmeted, earpluged, gloved or not.
I don't tell my friends, when they exceed the speedlimit, to slow down. I don't tell my friends who are hucking 150lb motorcycles threw the air-pinned in 3rd gear, they should really be more careful. I don't tell friends who race in the Baja, that they should really be more careful. Some things go without being said. Wearing a jacket is one of them.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-22-2007, 8:33 AM Reply   
so,

"worst thread ever" because it is uncool to take proven precautionary steps?

you really ought to look at statistics, between drownings of vests and not vests.

the "anything at any time, so why worry" mentality, is for lack of a better term, ignorant
Old     (committed)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-22-2007, 8:41 AM Reply   
"anything at any time, so why worry"

Putting words into my mouth and taking items out of context is ignorant as well. Your serve.
Old     (justcoz5)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-22-2007, 9:40 AM Reply   
An NFL player just drown a few weeks ago because he wasn't wearing a vest, and people on this board were saying it was so avoidable, and it was. For some reason people think it is all about themselves. Think about the people in the boat if you go under without a vest. They panic, and you will probably scar them for life if you end up dying, because you didn't do something as simple as throw a vest on. And I don't buy this garbage about being knocked out face down. It shouldn't take more than 20 seconds to get back to your rider, and 20 seconds shouldn't kill you if someone jumps in and turns you over. It actually shocks me that this isn't a law everywhere. If seat belts are required to wear, I am not sure why life vest aren't when you are getting pulled
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-22-2007, 9:54 AM Reply   
i only wear a shorty when im skating ditches or rail jams but thats about it. i always wear a comp vest.

but im 130 pounds, so i can get away with a comp vest
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-22-2007, 9:59 AM Reply   
Caleb - you have to remember my friend, that muscle weighs more than fat. If you're pretty lean like me, we sink easier than someone who's got a little fat on 'em.
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-22-2007, 10:56 AM Reply   
You know there was a debate like this on the surfing forum, and how is wakeboarding or wakesurfing without a vest any different than surfing without one? PS I wear a vest every time i wakeboard and once in a while when i wakesurf
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-22-2007, 11:06 AM Reply   
I'm with Thane, if someone wants to do it thats fine. But they risk me not coming in after them. If they don't give a crap if they die, why should I? I've had friends get knocked silly and the only thing that saved em was the vest. I watched Badboyrippers good friend lie face down until the boat came to flip him over, no vest and he would have been gone.

Trevor, how often do you knock yourself out? Damn son, I've been riding for 14 years & only got knocked out like once. Then again I'm not trying 311's...

The surfing argument is apples to oranges. Surfing requires the ability to duck dive under waves. Also you are attached to a board that floats & unless in very extreme instances will not come loose. If you get knocked out, you are pretty much screwed. The tow in guys that don't really need to duck dive have been increasingly wearing vests.

(Message edited by stephan on June 22, 2007)
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-22-2007, 11:10 AM Reply   
i better never pick up body building...

Thane, i'm lean like you, but my vest still floats me for some reason, its nice though haha.

and some vests have the same, if not more bouyancy than cga vests, but because of the fact that they only have one buckle or other technicalities they are classified as non-CGA
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-22-2007, 12:11 PM Reply   
Do what you like. All the posturing in the world isn't goin to change things. Safety is nice, but really, anything can happen at any time-vested, helmeted, earpluged, gloved or not.

Screw it I won't wear a vest anymore, because anything can happen.
Old     (pwningjr)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-22-2007, 1:39 PM Reply   
Here in Iowa CGA is required by the law for anyone behind the boat. Guess it sucks to be safe, doesn't it?
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-22-2007, 1:48 PM Reply   
I don't always wear one wakesurfing but that's different. You're going way slower. I've never heard of anyone getting hurt wake surfing. Has anyone else?
Old     (auto)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-22-2007, 1:56 PM Reply   
Caleb you are flat out wrong on the buoyancy of CGA v. NCGA, thus the designation. A little light reading if you would like to learn.

http://www.uscg.mil/hq/g-m/mse4/pfdseldata.htm#RECREATIONAL
Old     (gobigorgohome)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-22-2007, 1:59 PM Reply   

quote:

"worst thread ever"

Agreed. What's next?
Life is full of choices,

Trouble is, it's not a choice that the driver and passengers in the boat are able to make if you ride without a vest (actually it looks like most drivers wouldn't pull someone without a vest - thumbs up). You're being irresponsible to those that you expect/rely upon to help save you if you are injured. I would have no quarms about reporting a non-vested rider to the police, and I'm sure they'd be grateful as they're usually the ones that have to pick up the pieces when 'accidents' happen.

Really, how much work is it to put on a vest? And how restricted do they feel? Probably not as restictive as a wooden box.

I've never been knocked out but have had a couple of crashes where I've been totally disorientated and relied on the vest to get me to the surface.
Old     (fuzzball)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-22-2007, 3:15 PM Reply   
It's easy in Illinois, if you're behind the boat doing whatever, you gotta have a vest on. Law makes it easier if some would like to try vestless, "sorry, can't do it. Don't wanna geta ticket"
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-22-2007, 3:20 PM Reply   
Hey Thane, Little late In The Post, but sorry.

Lost Track Of The Thread, thought it was about NCGA vs. CGA.
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-22-2007, 5:54 PM Reply   
Actually its about wearing any kind of vest vs. not wearing a vest at all.

In the trailer Living the Dream, several of the guys in that aren't wearing any vest at all.

Wearing something is always better than nothing.
Old     (baldboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-23-2007, 10:48 AM Reply   
I think the same mentality of not wearing of vest is similar to skateboarders not wearing a helmet. For some, it's just not cool. In both cases, it is very dangerous. As has been said by others, "No one will ever be towed by my boat without a vest on."
Old     (wakeparent)      Join Date: Jan 2005       06-23-2007, 1:15 PM Reply   
Hey Brandon, in the Almost Famous video, there was a couple idiots not wearing vest one was my son riding sliders no vest or helmet. when his mom saw that he took a beating and now he always wears a vest.
Old     (bwog21)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-23-2007, 5:55 PM Reply   
DARWIN
Old     (snow)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-24-2007, 9:51 AM Reply   
If almost everyone thats posted in this thread wears a vest then who votes on those polls on the front page? A week or two ago there was a poll that said "do you wear a vest while riding?" More than 50% of the votes said they dont wear any vest at all and very few said they ride with a CGA vest while riding. I for one dont feel like being in even more pain when I fall so I always wear a vest.
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-24-2007, 10:38 AM Reply   
i have a question?
does anyone wear a sleeveless barefoot suit? while wakeboarding? i do.
why don't you try wearing a sleeveless barefoot suit? We'll change the name to "wakeboard bouyancy suit" for those that can't get past the word "barefoot"...NO they are not cga, but you float like a cork making starts easier and padding crashes ...maybe you guys would like it better if we called it a "bodybag"? or what would you call it?(i love the names of wakeboard tricks, barefoot trick names are boring but do describe the trick) i guess if people won't even wear a vest they are not going to wear a sleeveless suit though either...oh well to each his own...i will wear my super dave osborne crash tested suit...
Old     (dreambig)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-24-2007, 11:38 AM Reply   
Dave please cancel Andy's posting privledge. He is a serious weirdo starving for attention.
Old     (dreambig)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-24-2007, 11:45 AM Reply   
I feel it pretty much comes down to one simple principle. "people with something to lose always take more precautions". The worst kind of person in the world is the guy who has nothing to lose and just don't give a Fcuk. I'm not saying that if you dont wear a vest u fit that profile but i'am pretty sure that the number of vestless riders that have kids and a wife and a mortgage have to be a very small number. If you do have these things and ride without a vest your just a selfish moron.
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-24-2007, 11:50 AM Reply   
sorry G. that you are threatened by my superior knowledge of the mortgage industry.
fremont, your employer..is one of many lenders i can use. i find better options for my clients than fremont offers. good luck with your self esteem problem.
signed serious wierdo starving for attention
ps
don't worry i won't run and tattle to dave that you are calling me names and being disrespectful against the rules of the board. maybe you should go back and read the rules.
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-24-2007, 11:52 AM Reply   
after that second post...i'm sure dave will be talking to YOU G
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-24-2007, 12:00 PM Reply   
Andy, I don't ever wear my BF suit wakeboarding.

vortex helix 2 baby.

even though it is a super comfy BF suit, not comfy enough to wear riding.
Old     (jwr)      Join Date: Jan 2006       06-24-2007, 9:45 PM Reply   
I think that if the rider wants to ride vestless, as long as the driver owner and crew are ok with it, who's to say he shouldn't. People can do what they want, no matter how stupid it is. And it is everyones own responsability to wear their own jacket. As far as pros, they are role models, but if they don't want to wear a jacket they shouldn't have to, that is why we have parents to explain to us that we really can die. And as far as slider comps. i wouldn't wear one, but i'd be rockin a helmet and a spring top. That's just my two cents. Personally i ride in a CGA jacket, but I enjoy wearing my Gooru non-cga vest every once in a while too. And I wouldn't personally ride w/o a jacket.