Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2005

Old    butt_slider            08-08-2005, 6:52 AM Reply   
well i can get hte hanlde about half the time if anyone could give me some help with that it seems like i am trying to get hte handle for a long time and i dont get a firm grip on it if i do. But i htink hte real problem is is i take nasty diggers like every time so i don t know how ot fix it, if its to keep my head up or what so help would be appreciated.
Old    wbhata            08-08-2005, 7:03 AM Reply   
Pop-Pull-Pass

Be sure to look over your shoulder to help with the rotation too and pull that handle to the middle of your lower back, and grab it. viola!

Oh, and it's THE not HTE
Old     (grimlock)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-08-2005, 7:05 AM Reply   
Sounds lke you are spinning too early, most likely off the wake, which causes you not to have any slack in the rope, which in turn pulls the rope away from you. True you may be able to land the trick sometimes, but most likely your 3's look sloppy and not very fluid. The best advice I can give is wait a tiny bit longer, after you've felt the pop of the wake and at the midway point of the w2w jump, basically at your highest point, before you intiate the pull of the handle for the 3. Another thing which will cause you to wait is go for a grab on your 3's. Doing a slob 3 will cause you to wait before you pull the handle, and your grabing hand helps to stablize and flatten out your rotation, thus keeping you on axis, and hopfully preventing anymore diggers. Hope that gives you some help. Also don't look down, you look down you go down.
Old     (sethenol)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-08-2005, 8:09 AM Reply   
Jump and put the rope in the small of your back and make it a habbit to look behind the boat as if the cops were following you and you need to see how close they are getting.
Old    butt_slider            08-08-2005, 8:58 AM Reply   
is that THE same for like 1 wake 3's or should i just spin like crazy and thanks this is THE fastest anyone has ever posted back so thanks
Old    wbhata            08-08-2005, 9:02 AM Reply   
Look at that, you're learning how to spell elementary words and do 360's all in one thread! You better thank WakeWorld!
Old    alanp            08-08-2005, 9:45 AM Reply   
try searching/posting in the trick tips. its been reviewed about 500 times.
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       08-08-2005, 11:54 AM Reply   
wbhata, you make me laugh. Correcting 'THE' and then ending your post with an instrument? Viola...

Now, watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat! Viola!

chuckles :-)
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-08-2005, 12:40 PM Reply   
you guys are funny.

it's "voila." a "viola" is a musical instrument that's slightly bigger than a violin.
Old    butt_slider            08-09-2005, 7:46 AM Reply   
alright enough jokes although they are funny lets have at least one tip and then a joke
Old    butt_slider            08-09-2005, 7:46 AM Reply   
alright enough jokes although they are funny lets have at least one tip and then a joke
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       08-09-2005, 9:33 AM Reply   
dont double post either There is a tip.
Old     (thirdgear)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-09-2005, 10:16 AM Reply   
I fail to see a legitimate reason for the kid to be getting flamed like he is. Sure this belongs in trick tips, but if you've got some advice, give it. Otherwise, it's getting a bit hot in here for no reason... Wait, is this WB?
Old    butt_slider            08-09-2005, 10:30 AM Reply   
well i put one on trick tips but you get no response and its almost the same like opening paragraph ive got like 1 other post in like 3 days on trick tips it didnt used to be that way i think its losing popularity
Old     (thirdgear)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-09-2005, 10:33 AM Reply   
John -- I think someone told you to go search through the trick tip archives, and this is great advice. I know for a fact that your question has been asked and answered many times before.