Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (surfnfury65)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-27-2006, 4:05 PM Reply   
I just got a 500# fat sack. My goal is to make the wake longer. Any ideas? Should I put it in the rear locker or on the seat? I have a B52 with the triple up ballast. We usually only ride with three so I haven't been able to play with moving people around for weight. I have a great wake to begin with, I'm just trying to make it a little longer.
Board More/Work Less!
J$
Old     (dentard)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-27-2006, 6:34 PM Reply   
Move your ballast forward or drive faster. Both will lengthen your wake, but also decrease the height.
Old     (stixxmon)      Join Date: May 2006       09-28-2006, 12:01 PM Reply   
Johnny, Have the same boat. 500 sac rear compartment, 250 sac under seat on side, front ballest full, side riding on full, 10.5-11.5 mph and you will be dialed and hooked on your MB. Goofy same. Steeper, a hair shorter, but great also. Need any help call the contact # on Shred Stixx site.
Old     (jimgalloway)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-28-2006, 7:26 PM Reply   
Hi Johnny & Jerry. How do you guys like the B52? Do you own the 23' model? I notice that it has very little V in the stern compared to the Enzo. Do you guys think that the B52 is as good as any other wake board boat out there for wakesurfing? Jerry, what do you think, you're the man with 30 years + experience. Thanks.
Old     (surfnfury65)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-28-2006, 7:51 PM Reply   
Hey Jerry thanks. I have been meaning to call you about a board anyway. Jim, I think that the B52 has a killer stock wake for surfing( mine is 22'). I have had nothing but good things said about the wake from other boat owners once they surf it. One of my buddies said he wishes he would of test drove a B52 before he bought his boat. It's an all around quality boat. I have heard the 23' has a larger wake. If you are unsure go for a test drive. That's what I ended up doing. IMO the B52 had the best stock wake. Now many will disagree but again that is just my opinion. It's that whole "Ford/Chevy thing."
Board More/Work Less!
J$
Old     (jimgalloway)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-28-2006, 9:37 PM Reply   
J$, 2 things really excite me about this boat. First the wake is almost as good on the goofy side. Second, Jerry Price owns one, and he's been wakesurfing longer than anyone on the planet! Hey, thanks again for the copy of the old wakesurf magazine last year. I'm a subscriber to the new one now. And thanks for the info on your B52.
Old     (surfnfury65)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-30-2006, 6:59 PM Reply   
My son rides goofy and it does throw a nice wake. We did add a 500# sack in the rear locker and had a couple of guys sit on the port side. The wake was HUGE.
Board More/Work Less!
J$
Old     (stixxmon)      Join Date: May 2006       10-01-2006, 10:47 AM Reply   
Come on Guys, I ain't that old!! Well, I guess I am. I know a couple guys that are still alive that wakesurfed longer than me, Mike Doyle and Dewey Weber, Surfing legends, O yea, Hobie Alter.
Yes I think the B52 in the best all round boat. Great wake both sides, Built to last. Testing the new 23 next weekend. Hear it is even better. I will keep you posted, Best Regards...JP
Old     (gerryaws)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-06-2006, 11:56 AM Reply   
Here are some pics from a 23 team.Upload
Upload