Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (airrantz)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-19-2009, 12:59 PM Reply   
I feel like I have my Sanger V210 dialed in for wakesurfing with the ballast I have but want to experiment on the 4th of July weekend with adding some more weight and trying to keep wake size but get a longer sweet spot if possible. Anyone else on here really slamming at V210 for surfing? I currently run the following setup. Custom ski locker sack full (Lets say 400lbs it fills up the entire locker til the lid comes up), 400lb fly high V-drive locker sack full on the port side, 240lbs of pop products bags under the port side seat, 160lbs of pop products bags under the seats in the bow, usually 3 people sitting on the port side.

I'm wondering if throwing a 750 on the floor center port side might make the middle of the boat sit deeper and give me a little more transition. Any suggestions before I try to sink my boat.
Old     (dw_mb_b52)      Join Date: Aug 2008       06-20-2009, 5:50 PM Reply   
Ryan,
I have an MB B-52 23 ft but I can tell you that adding that extra 750 center floor port side will definatly increase the lenght of your sweet spot. It did for us.
Old     (malibu)      Join Date: Sep 2004       06-21-2009, 1:12 PM Reply   
I surf behind a V210. We don't run as much weight as you do but we get a nice wave. My Fly High bag in the rear locker is only about 250lbs and I fill the center ballast and put Straight Line Launch pads on top of the seats. If I get 8-10 people in the boat, the wave is better with out the extra bags on the seats. Otherwise it gets kind of mushy and no lip on top. I'm not sure if you can get the wake much longer although some weight in the bow helps. We may be limited by the size of our boats compared to the bigger V drives. I am much more willing to try 360's and other tricks behind my boat though because I am use to the wave. When I get on a huge wave, I spend most of my time just getting use to riding something that big. It is really fun to ride the bigger waves though.
Old     (bigweeze)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-21-2009, 7:21 PM Reply   
oh yea slam that bioch. iam onboard. thanks ryan now iam addicted.
Old     (airrantz)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-22-2009, 8:35 AM Reply   
Haha nice Mike while you're floating the Yakima on the 4th I'll be beefin up the surf wake on Roosevelt. Sue I'll let you know if I can clean things up and lengthen the wake on mine with some more weight.
Old     (dw_mb_b52)      Join Date: Aug 2008       06-22-2009, 11:59 AM Reply   
ryan,
Sue is right, more weight in the bow will also lengthen the wave. I have a 500 factory ballast and we set another sac up there with 450 more.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-22-2009, 10:10 PM Reply   
Weight in the bow fa sho.