Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 23, 2009

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (99xstar)      Join Date: Aug 2005       01-21-2009, 7:28 AM Reply   
Hey Friends -

Still icy on the 10,000 here in MN, lame.

I've been riding the snowboard lately, watching Mack Dog films, etc. and appreciating all of the creativity snowboarders have. Since wakeboarding is my #1, I always try to think of things pros could do differently.

I guess I'm a little surprised there aren't more tricks guys are doing from a blind cut. The answer might be obvious and I'm just not seeing it. I'm not a great rider by any means, but I know that I can dig in a pretty good edge riding blind.

I'm just thinking that riders that can kill it would be able to do some sick stuff with a blind take off. I know I'm going to be trying frontside 180's with a blind take off once the ice melts.

So many snowboarders begin their body rotation (not board) on their take offs and it looks pretty stylie.

Am I an idiot for thinking this could be a new trend? Is it too awkward to do many maneuvers?

Perhaps more food for thought: When can I expect to see a wakeboarder spin a 3 off a bonk? Seems to be pretty big on snow lately.

Winter brainstorming...