Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 29, 2010

Old     (jakobnordstrom)      Join Date: Nov 2007       01-14-2010, 8:33 AM Reply   
Stupid or what?

http://www.wakeboardeurope.com/wakeboard-europe-news/stupid-or-what/
Old     (anthemwake)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-14-2010, 8:37 AM Reply   
The real question is: why is that website so militant about something that happened 10 years ago?
Old     (norbiv)      Join Date: May 2009       01-14-2010, 8:55 AM Reply   
that guys is soo lame
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-14-2010, 9:14 AM Reply   
Sometimes I hate idiot wakeboarders. They are just like little punk snowboarders. Whoever threw that blog post up is an idiot. Comparing what a guy did 10 years ago behind a mastercraft 205 to what kids do now behind heavily weighted boats and cables is just stupid. By the way, I love skiing. I just started last year but I see myself skiing for a lot longer than wakeboarding. Plus, at least most skiers know how to drive the boat without screwing up everybody's water.

(Message edited by polarbill on January 14, 2010)
Old     (trentj6930)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-14-2010, 9:47 AM Reply   
This should get really interesting!

Upload
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       01-14-2010, 9:53 AM Reply   
Looks like competition trick skiing on a wakeboard. Trick skiing has been around for a long time.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       01-14-2010, 10:19 AM Reply   
I love the reporter in the Life Jacket.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-14-2010, 10:23 AM Reply   
1) as has been pointed out that video is old, the blog is dumb
2) I find it funny that you title this "turning into waterskiing", when that seemed to be him trying to do as many flips as possible, and the same flips at that. In trick skiing, which I'm assuming you are referring to when saying skiing, you can only do a trick once, repeat tricks don't get any credit. Traditional trick skiers also tend to discredit an enormous amount of flips or all flip runs, they feel one should just wakeboard. So in reality, that was wakeboarding further distancing itself from skiing.

Agree with Yates, idiot wakeboarders should probably learn and understand a lot of things before trying to blindly discredit someone/something.
Old     (petew)      Join Date: Dec 2008       01-14-2010, 10:41 AM Reply   
A friend of mine has had the pleasure to sit in the boat and watch Nicolas Le Forestier trick ski.

He filmed it and i have seen the footage.

He was free skiing and he was hooked up to a tower, stock wake on a MC 190 i think. he was busting wake style moves like raleys 2 blind huge fronts etc. sick.
Old     (petew)      Join Date: Dec 2008       01-14-2010, 10:45 AM Reply   
My post was related to link that has now gone. Anyway he was sick. All forms of waterskiing are sick imo. Apart from........haha

yeah old news that heaney post.....ohh well
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-14-2010, 10:50 AM Reply   
"About Wakeboardeurope.com

Is run out of Sweden by Jakob Nordström. Swedish wakeboard champ in 2007, now semi-retired since blowing his knee more than 7 times. He wants to work for a homogenous European wakeboarding scene by bringing you news, videos, pictures, stories etc from Europe."

At least your site hit counter will be off the charts this month!
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-14-2010, 10:54 AM Reply   
btw, Nick Ennen is from the U.S.

http://www.wakeboardeurope.com/international-wakeboarding-news/another-wakeboarder-who-rocks-on-a-snowboard-is/
Old     (waterdork88)      Join Date: Aug 2005       01-14-2010, 10:57 AM Reply   
I didn't find that lame at all. I'd like to see what Davies or any professional could do within a minute. Reminds me of some of the skateboarding world records.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpEvR0lueDI
Old     (wake_dad_sc)      Join Date: Aug 2009       01-14-2010, 3:36 PM Reply   
My question is whose record did he break?
Old     (jayroe65)      Join Date: Dec 2008       01-14-2010, 4:32 PM Reply   
I like how they power turned at the end lol
Old     (sethenol)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-15-2010, 4:12 AM Reply   
I think the maker of Wii Resort Wakeboarding used this for inspiration.
Old     (rmcronin)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-15-2010, 8:59 AM Reply   
Not lame at all. Wakeboarding is what you make of it for fun. These posts are another example of why I rarely visit this site due to the negativity.
Old     (onthewatermo)      Join Date: Jan 2008       01-15-2010, 9:18 AM Reply   
Just b/c its not set to contemporary music or using the newest gear doesn't mean that its not both fun and an accomplishment to push the limits however you can. To anyone who thinks that is lame, could you please distinguish it from the "highest spray" contest that was in one of the mags last year (they had sheets on top of a dock and whoever soaked it the most won) or a highest ollie contest?
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       01-15-2010, 9:31 AM Reply   
Man, alotta fuss over nothing. I think it was pretty impressive his ability to bounce the flips back and fourth, definitely shows a level of board control I wish I had. Heck, if there's a world record for it, why not give it a shot. I personally think the concern with "style" in our sport has given people a complex. Loosen up a little bit and have some fun. Who knew there was a record for most "summersaults" in a minute? ^^ Andy, couldn't agree more. And how is that Wii wakeboard thing? I don't have a Wii, but I thought it was cool that Wakeboarding made another video game appearance, not quite up there with Murray's game, but hey, it's publicity for wakeboarding!