Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 16, 2003

Old    catalyst            06-10-2003, 7:29 PM Reply   
Hi, i have recently injured my tailus bone in my ankle and im woundering what the most supportive binding for ankles is out there, i just recently bought the new ultras befor i new i had fractured it and i dont think there going to job, either re asure me or help guide me on where to make a change.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-10-2003, 7:34 PM Reply   
NSI Tantrums, had the most support ever. Super easy to put on to, no lube, no water. When I used those binding thats the one thing I thought, great for injured ankles. Not really high performance though

(Message edited by kristian on June 10, 2003)
Old     (shutupandboard)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-10-2003, 7:37 PM Reply   
I think the belmonts i used to have gave me the most anke support out of all the bindings i've used.
Old    shaggydan22            06-10-2003, 7:46 PM Reply   
i recently bought a pair of o'brien ions that im now trying to sell because they are way to supportive for me. almost as supportive as a snowboard boot.
Old    catalyst            06-11-2003, 8:05 PM Reply   
ok i really need some more input basically i want a binding that totaly locks down my foot for side to side movement and gives a ton of ankle support. Im looking at the the cwb zeus and the hyperlite byerly. Whats ur opinion on these and can u sugest some better decisions?
Old     (taylor)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-12-2003, 4:19 AM Reply   
Nick, I've had ankle problems with both wakeboarding and Mtn Biking. My most serious injuries occured while wakeboarding. I just purschased a pair of Nice PRS1's and I really like them, they are VERY supportive, FOR ME, and were VERY competitively priced. Before I pruchased, I went to my local board shop and tried on a wide variety of bindings, Byerly's, Parks, O'briens, and CWB. Honestly, I never had an opinion of the Nice bindings. Because of the "cheap" price, I preceived them as cheap.

The moral of my story, keep your options open. Everyone has slightly different feet, there are a lot of great bindings out there. My advice, try on as many bindings as you can. Good luck.
Old     (bond)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-12-2003, 7:19 AM Reply   

SOLBOUND ALL THE WAY AROUND.

WWW.WAKEON.COM
Old    mt_hed            06-12-2003, 9:41 AM Reply   
LF Exos have more support than anything I have ever tried on
Old     (iewc_vp)      Join Date: Aug 2001       06-12-2003, 10:01 AM Reply   
I would have to second the Exos. They are real supportive with insane lock down. The other nice thing is that you can move point of attachment for the overlay to make it better fit your foot. The Belmonts are another supportive binding, but I have only tried them on, not ridden them.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-12-2003, 8:42 PM Reply   
O'brien Systems