Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 26, 2006

Old     (driver_dad)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-27-2006, 9:54 PM Reply   
I recently bought an 06 X-15 Saltwater Series but my dealer (brand new to Mastercrafts) said Perfect Pass was not compatible according to Mastercraft. Other dealers I've contacted said it was. Anybody have any insight?
Old     (projectely4)      Join Date: Apr 2003       10-27-2006, 10:08 PM Reply   
i dont see why it wouldn't be
Old    ace5693            10-28-2006, 6:02 AM Reply   
when i demoed the same boat the dealer that was with me said it was also impossible but i have no idea why
Old     (jsxstar)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-28-2006, 9:56 AM Reply   
it is defenitly possible. The dealer who installs it has to be able to reconfigure the module for the motor so that it can control the fly by wire throttle and such
Old     (masonwakerider)      Join Date: May 2003       10-28-2006, 11:40 AM Reply   
All the salt water series boats run a Crusader made engine. Its the first time this engine was used in a ski boat and perfect Pass has not made up a unit for this engine. It doesnt use the electronic throttle that indmar uses, so Master Craft cruse control isnt available ether.
Old     (driver_dad)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-28-2006, 12:43 PM Reply   
Thanks all. My dilemma continues but I just spoke to a tech down in Boynton Beach FL who specializes in Salt Water series boats. He insists it can be done but it may take some effort. If anybody has a Perfect Pass on a Crusader 5.7L, please let me know -- thanks!
Old     (wake4fun)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-28-2006, 1:47 PM Reply   
Perfect Pass can be and has been factory installed in SS Mastercrafts with Crusader engines. I know someone with one. So it is possible.
Old     (dubsac)      Join Date: Mar 2006       10-29-2006, 1:56 PM Reply   
My 2007 X-45 SS came with Perfect Pass. Talk to Mike Wood at the Boynton Beach MC dealership. He is at the Ft. Lauderdale boat show today and tomorrow. They had a CSX there and a viper red X45 with switch grapics.
Old     (driver_dad)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-29-2006, 8:26 PM Reply   
Thanks...I spoke to Mike yesterday. He said to call back on Tuesday after he had time to research it. Even said he'd talk me through the installation on the phone -- sounds like a quality guy.
Old     (bullit4888)      Join Date: Apr 2006       10-29-2006, 9:45 PM Reply   
My 2006 X15 SS came with PP. I have the 6.0 L Crusader. I don't think you should have any problems.