Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (litoria)      Join Date: Mar 2011       04-18-2011, 5:27 PM Reply   
I have about a year of wakeboarding under my belt. Currently riding a Hyperlite State. I am clearing the wake consistently with an occasional 180 (still eating it a lot). I think I am at the point where I might benefit from a better board (though feel free to convince me that I am fine with my current setup).

I would like something with more pop so I can start getting bigger air. What are everyone's recommendations? What should I look for?

Thanks!
Old     (boarder12)      Join Date: Mar 2011       04-18-2011, 5:31 PM Reply   
If you like Hyperlite product, I would recommend the Hyperlite Tribute. Its a very user friendly board and accommodates everyone from beginners to pros like Mike Schwenne. In fact Mike uses it as his designated camp board at West Coast Camps which he owns.
Old     (litoria)      Join Date: Mar 2011       04-18-2011, 5:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
I would recommend the Hyperlite Tribute.
What would I get with the Tribute that I am missing with the State?
Old     (boarder12)      Join Date: Mar 2011       04-18-2011, 6:12 PM Reply   
Its a little bit looser than the state but the canted molded in fins provide plenty of control. It has an abrupt continuous rocker so its got plenty of pop with consistencey, center spine to break the water on landings in the flats, scooped tip and tail to decrease swing wieght and a beveled edge in the center that is very forgiving and get sharper towards the tip and tail so the board tracks well.

I have ridden this board for two years and it has been my favorite shape thus far from Hyp.
Old     (Cajun_Misfit)      Join Date: Jun 2010       04-19-2011, 9:17 AM Reply   
Depends on where you want to advance... If you plan on riding regular and switch, I would stick with the same board and work on becoming really comfortable riding heel,toe, switch, ect... Work on TS and HS W2W untill it becomes 2nd nature. The state is a great board to learn on because its fairly forgiving. If you're a weekend worrior and dont really care and just wanna go big, get yourself a board thats fast on edge with a stage 3 rocker and GO NUTS!!!