Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 04, 2009

Old     (ericlee)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-27-2009, 8:49 AM Reply   
Aight lets just get to my problems and see if someone can help....

1. I have 2 sony remotes and they work but they will not light up
2. On my head unit I can not get it to switch to aux mode for my ipod. I hit source and it goes from cd to tuner but will not go to aux for my ipod to work.
3. Lastly, everytime I switch from song to song on my cd player a loud pop from the speakers occurs when I switch song and when the song first starts to play it pops again through the speakers. It doesnt do it when the song plays but if I switch songs it pops again through the speakers....

Any help out there?
Old     (supradoug)      Join Date: Dec 2001       09-27-2009, 9:22 AM Reply   
take the faceplate off and hit the reset button....
Old     (tailgate)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-27-2009, 9:32 AM Reply   
have the remotes ever lit up? might be as simple as the light wire was never hooked up, I tied mine into the 12v+ so it is always on when the stereo is running... not sure about the sony remotes, but the kenwood have a separate light wire...
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-27-2009, 10:05 AM Reply   
I have the Sony RM-XM10 remote & I don't think I've ever seen it lit up.
Old     (kikitlo)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-27-2009, 10:19 AM Reply   
Eric,
I am assuming based on the boat you have listed in your profile your radio is a Sony MEX-1GP. If this is the case my suggestions are as follows.

For #1 try inspecting the larger of the cables that go to the remotes at the stereo or Y connector. This is the cable that supplies the display. If you find it disconnected or not making a good connection, obviously reconnect. You will have to cycle power on the head unit for it to redisplay. (Just verified on mine). If this does not work try connecting only 1 remote at a time.

For #2: With the head unit off, but still having power to display the clock, press and hold the select button (Volume). It will first display clock adjust. Press the select button to cycle through options. When you get to the AUX turn the volume to change it to on if it is not already. I found if it is off it will not be an option when you cycle through sources.

For #3. I am not sure. . Does it still pop if you change tracks with the head unit instead of the remotes? My guess is if you get your IPod going the popping will go away. Temp solution

Again this is only for the MEX-1GP though it probably is fairly universal for Sony. Let me know how it goes.
Old     (wakeborder5)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-27-2009, 10:22 AM Reply   
For the AUX input issue, many HUs have a AUX-input on/off option that you turn on from the menu as Cory pointed out where you can usually adjust the clock, amp gains, etc.
Old     (ericlee)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-27-2009, 12:30 PM Reply   
Aight tried all the above with nothing, unplugged the remotes and I'm fine with not using them but the loud pop is frustrating. It pops through all the speakers when I change songs or anything. Not sure what to try now. iPod still no work. I scroll trough source on the receiver and it gets to aux it just says audio with nothing playing
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-27-2009, 12:37 PM Reply   
^ Make sure the AUX cord didn't wiggle out/loose
Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       09-27-2009, 4:29 PM Reply   
x2 what nick said. Something is loose or that circut of the head unit is broke.

good luck man
Old     (hymaeringo)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-13-2009, 2:08 PM Reply   
okay heres what you do:
remote issue: check and reconnect remotes wires at each remote. TAPE WITH ELECTRICAL TAPE. they will not stay together when blasting through rollers. also those remotes will die in a season or two so try to warranty if not replace.

ipod issue: spend the $ to get the good sony i=pod connector that connects via the BOTTOM of ur pod. it should also charge it depending on model. your head unit is not recognizing any ipod hooked up to it thus will not cycle to aux.
Old     (johnny_jr)      Join Date: Mar 2006       10-13-2009, 3:03 PM Reply   
Sounds like the radio may have gotten a little water in it. I've seen this happen with customer's boats when they send them to a detail shop, or they take a roller over the bow that get water on, near, around the head unit.

This assumes that the cables have all been checked as recommended in prior posts. Take out the radio, store it in a dry spot in the house and give a try next season.