Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 01, 2005

Old    newguynewboat            03-09-2005, 10:39 AM Reply   
I am not sure if this should be here or in the boat/acc section. But I am looking at a new 215 and a 210 a couple years old. What I am curious about, is they both have only a center stock ballast. Would the switch for the rear still be there? If so do I need a seperate pump or can I run off the one already there?

Now to that, what are you running in your 215 for weight? how about the 210? I did a search on this and came up with a little info but not much.

Thank you
Devon
Old     (goodtime)      Join Date: Sep 2002       03-09-2005, 11:17 AM Reply   
just cruise mine, it has 40hrs, loaded with full ballast and PPass, stereo bimini etc etc everything. Moving up to a V230, love Sangers. The best value in the industry.
210, more weight in the bow than rear. big fun wake
Old     (sanger215guy)      Join Date: Oct 2004       03-09-2005, 12:11 PM Reply   
Devon:
You can add the rear tanks on the 210 and the 215. The hard tanks that come from Sanger are 250 lb on each side with independent fill and drain. That means you have a 2 pumps in each tank (fill/drain). If your looking to add rear weight then you still have the same option or you can do what I did and install soft sac's instead of the tanks and I increased my rear weight 200lbs. The front sac is 600lb. I have a total of 1300 lb of weight and am going to increase it about another 500-600 lb. You definately do not want to run your rear tanks off of the pump for the front.
Old    newguynewboat            03-09-2005, 3:49 PM Reply   
Gary,

Thanks for the info. I guess the first question though would be is the switch there for the rear ballast on the same panel the switch for the center one is?
When you talk front...do you mean in the locker or on the walk way. I was hoping to keep it under the floor.
Lastly, I agree with soft sacs in the rear, more space that way. But I wanted to set up a automatic system for the rear and I was hoping that since sanger made the hard tanks, that they would have a pump that supported the same set up. Key is, I was hoping!

Devon
Old     (stevev210)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-09-2005, 6:25 PM Reply   
Hey Gary do you know how much weight the front sac holds in a 03 V210? Ive heard so many differnt weights.Some of the sanger dealers Ive talked to said the rear hardtanks are 320lbs each/Seems like everyones been told differnt things.As far as frontsack Ive heard from 350 to 500 for the 210.
Old     (goodtime)      Join Date: Sep 2002       03-09-2005, 11:12 PM Reply   
500hundo center. add 500 hundo to the rear and another 1k to the front and your mobbin. Your wake will destroy docks, fisherman and jet skiiers alike.

im sure the 215 is the same due to the bottoms being similar. The V230 is a different story.
Old    newguynewboat            03-10-2005, 12:29 PM Reply   
So the extra 1000, are you just putting this in the walkway? or do you switch out the sack in the locker?
and the extra 500 to the rear, is that after the 500 in Hard tanks?

Thank you
Devon

Old     (sanger215guy)      Join Date: Oct 2004       03-10-2005, 12:54 PM Reply   
Devon;
The switch on the dash if it comes with the front ballast (in the walk) will only do the front ballast. You could add rear pumps to it but that would take away from your ability to control your weight. I had to add 2 additional double pole double throw switches in the dash for the rear sacs.

Here is the deal on the front ballast sac in all Sangers: 350lb sac in the locker-
V210 due to room will hold just over 250lb of weight.
V215 fills up to 350 mabey minus a few pounds.
V230 same as the V215.

Rear tanks are the same on all the modles 250 lb on both sides with a total of 500lb in the rear.

I installed my rear system myself identicaly to what Sanger does from the factory. Since then I am making some modifications mainily pump size to decrease the time it takes me to fill or drain. All the sac curently are filled/drained with 1100 gph rules. I am going to move up to 2000 gph. I am also adding larger custom fit sac to the rear to increase my weight in the rear to close to 1000lb and going to add 250 lb in the front (just not sure on the method yet)
Old     (redv215)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-10-2005, 5:19 PM Reply   
Devon, I have a 215. We bought it with only the front ballast. After our first season we knew we wanted the rear added. We took it back too Sanger and they did the whole deal. Looks just like it was installed orginal. They also hook us up with a perfect pass. So I would tell you to get in touch with your Sanger rep and they will hook your boat up.