Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old    ngthing            06-13-2002, 1:39 AM Reply   
...or edge all the weay through? I hear two different stories from two different people. sometimes I get high, sometimes i just kinda jump..nothing special. not sure what i should be doing...edging all the way through, or edging till the top and kind of popping my kness and ollying off.
Old     (ladyboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-13-2002, 6:51 AM Reply   
You should hold an edge all the way through the top of the wake and "stand tall" not ollie. If you try to ollie and you miss the top of the wake, then you've successfully done an ollie, not a wake jump. There's a lot of physics junk involved, and if you want to know about that, email me, but I'm not going there in a post. Just remember to hold your edge all the way up the wake and it will pop you.
Later
Tiffanator
www.Ladyboarder.com
Old     (tense)      Join Date: Sep 2001       06-13-2002, 5:07 PM Reply   
Lady, since you're giving lessons,...Should you switch your weight more to your back foot?
Old     (ladyboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-13-2002, 8:34 PM Reply   
Not really. If you put more weight on your back foot the nose of your board will fly up in the air and kick you off balance. Generally I have equal weight on my feet or more toward my front foot. You don't want all of your weight on your front foot or you'll do a nose dive, its kind of a trial and error thing. If you feel the nose of the board is popping too high in the air, put a bit more weight forward.
If you have any other questions just post them, I'll keep checking back on this post. Hope these tips help a bit.
Later
Tiffanator
www.ladyboarder.com
Old    ngthing            06-14-2002, 5:31 PM Reply   
Hey, thanks for the reply. So, I should continue to cut all the way through the wake? I don't have a problem nose diving or falling back, I get up, but I'm not sure if I am doing it correctly? If I do it right I should just cut all the way through and the wake will pop me up by itself?
Old    frewster            06-14-2002, 7:48 PM Reply   
Progressive edge (start out wide/easy, lean harder against the pull the closer you get, all the way up the wake),weight even on both feet, hips up, shoulders back, handle oriented to the waist, knees bent (not waist), at the top of the wake pop, kick, rise, or stand tall, kind of like standing on the floor with your knees slightly bent, and just popping up (not bending over and hi-jumping). Don't look down, look across the wake or at the tower. Ride On!
Old     (wakeborder5)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-22-2002, 1:46 PM Reply   
no don't jump, as you go towards the wake keep your knees bent then as you go up the wake towards the top extend ur lengs straight at u'll fly.