Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (hoss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       11-14-2010, 7:20 AM Reply   
Is there any difference in the way these boards ride.Im on a recoil n love the board but not to crazy about the ss new boots. Only ride behind boat so dont need removable liners.wish ss would have made the option boot closed toe. so im thinkin about going with the severance n the company pro boots. any input on the company pro boots would b nice too. O n last has anyone heard if there is going to be any changes to the 2011 company severance/pro boots other then graphics?
Old     (drew_reynolds)      Join Date: Aug 2008       11-14-2010, 2:34 PM Reply   
the severance is going to feel more like the reflex while the recoil would feel closer to the recruit.
Old     (irishrider92)      Join Date: Jun 2009       11-15-2010, 3:34 AM Reply   
Nah i think the severance and recoil are pretty much the same boards. They're both 3stage while the reflex and the recruit are continuous. I ride the severance and love it. Haven't heard about any changes
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-15-2010, 7:01 AM Reply   
have not tried any Co. boards and i have not tried the SS reflex

but this is the rundown for the similar boards:

CO. Severance = 3 stage
Co. Recruit = Continuous (3 fins on each end)

SS. Recoil = 3 stage
SS Reflex = Subtle 3 stage
SS Response = Continuous

all those Slingshot "Re...." names get people confused. glad that the newer boards have completely different names for the ballistic line
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-15-2010, 7:17 AM Reply   
The shapes and rockerlines are similar (Recoil is a little wider). I have not ridden the 2011 in either board, but I have ridden both in a 2010. The Severance that I ride feels much stiffer between the boots. The Recoil was a little lazier feeling off the wake and landed considerably harder.