Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 19, 2006

Old     (gharvin)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-01-2006, 3:24 PM Reply   
I am picking up the 21 v on friday, i want to upgrade the 400 lb bags in the back to the 750's anyone know the brand that will work with the stock gravity system? I think the stock is 400? Also anyone know how much the center bag from the 24ssv costs to replace the stock one? Thanks
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-01-2006, 3:33 PM Reply   
i just put the 750s in my XLV, you need the fly high bags. they are a direct swap
Old    wiz            05-01-2006, 5:23 PM Reply   
most of the 21v owners on here are running the following setup:

1 gravity games front locker sack in the bow (@1100 lbs) & put the original stock front locker sack on one side of the engine, and purchase another stock front sack for the other side of the engine.

the wake is awesome & you can get them from your dealer. plus the hose connections are all the same.

i hope that helps!
Old     (supra24ssv)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-01-2006, 5:52 PM Reply   
fly high will work well they should have same fittings since fly high is what sc uses, i ordered to 750's for my ssv for rear and i called fly high they were very helpful
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-01-2006, 6:54 PM Reply   
I would be careful about the 750's in the 21V in the back. It is already very back heavy. The bags that Chuck J has been the choice of most 21V owners on here. I still find myself pushing people towards the front of the boat cause it gets pretty steep. Do what Chuck J says and you will be a happy camper....
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-01-2006, 7:36 PM Reply   
just cause you get the 750s, doesn't mean you have to fill them all the way :-) it gives you some nice extra weight if you like to surf
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-01-2006, 9:19 PM Reply   
entrust.. totally agreed
Old    ausbill32            05-02-2006, 3:06 PM Reply   
I had both 400 bags filled, plus the middle, wake plate 3/4 down and 5 people in the boat and that friggen wake scared the crap me. That is plenty big for any wake boarder Pro or not. As it is, it would be so easy to blow a knee out. Wakesurfing maybe I could see getting bigger bags for my 21v but not worth it. I had one guy riding with me who is pretty good, can do 360s and what not and he was a bit shaken by it. He had a hard time landing his first hour and had to learn to slow his rotations down since he was getting so much more air. the 21v wake just launches you.
Old    wiz            05-02-2006, 7:26 PM Reply   
yeah, it has a heck of alot of vertical pop. i love it because i'm more of a w2w rider with a bum knee. i'll leave the flats alone.
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-02-2006, 9:46 PM Reply   
Chuck, what's up man?! I'll take the advice on the weighting. I will be picking up my 21V in 2-3 weeks. Sold my SSV this morning. Can't wait to check it out. How is the riding going? Hit me up.
Old     (wakeprodigy)      Join Date: Oct 2002       05-07-2006, 8:15 AM Reply   
I've been running 1100# sac in the center and the 650# sacs in the rear, probably only filled to 500lbs. I ride at about 22mph and 70' back. Wakeplate is usually set at 1/4, but sometimes I ride with it at 3/4. So total ballast comes to about 2000 lbs (+/-). I've had this setup for a year now.

My question is, how do I get more vert. Last week I rode behind a new VLX with stock ballast, wedge, 250# sacks in rear lockers on top of stock ballast tanks, and a 300# sack between driver and passenger. This wake kicked my 21V's ass. I was launching off of the wake like I was hitting double ups. Is there anyway I can weight my 21V to get vert like this? Will adding 300# in the bow help?

Tom
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-07-2006, 1:59 PM Reply   
Tom,
You mean ramp or vert. The VLX tends to have a very rampy wake (at least my opinion). The 21V is a vert or steep wake. If you want to make it more rampy you should add more weight up front and less in the rear. The 21V is really ass heavy and can almost get too steep.
How long rope are you riding on the 21V?
Old     (wakeprodigy)      Join Date: Oct 2002       05-07-2006, 2:16 PM Reply   
I guess I'm confused on definitions here. Attached is a drawing of how I take ramp vs. vert. Is this the correct meaning of each word? It seems like with a Vert wake one would get booted up instead of out, and with a Ramp one would launch out more than up. I ride with a 65' rope and 5' handle length for a total of 70'.

When I rode behind the VLX with stock ballast (4 tanks) and wedge, the pop I got from that felt like it compared to my 21V (maybe slightly less pop from the stock VLX). But when we added the extra sacs to the VLX (250 Lbs on each side of the engine and 300 in the center) I was booted straight up like hitting a D Up, so I figured the wake became more vert than ramp. Make sense? Maybe the added weight to the VLX just made the wake huge and rampy, thus the reason for the big pop.

Upload

(Message edited by wakeprodigy on May 07, 2006)
Old    wiz            05-07-2006, 5:04 PM Reply   
bbr,

what's up!?! i just went out for the first time yesterday since i got back from camp. we had a hail storm the first of april so i've been super busy. i rode suprisingly well considering its been about six weeks. i'd like to get back to the camp @ july or august. it seems like i spent all week getting back into the groove. btw, you are gonna love the 21v! the storage is incredible & the wake launches you straight up.

enjoy the new boat & tell chuck i said wuzzup!
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-07-2006, 6:31 PM Reply   
Tom
Yeah I follow the same rule of thumb as your drawings. I have ridden behind two heavily weighted VLX's and found them to be more Vert. Great wakes, but different. The Supra wake is definitely one of the most Vert wakes. If you think the 21V wake is not vert enough then keep a little more weight in the back and maybe increase your rope length 5'. Maybe even 10' just to see the difference. Too much weight in the back will start to wash it out if you go to far back.
Also, you may have been going slower in the VLX which will get it more Vert too. Play around with it and I am sure you will find what you are looking for. Use a handheld GPS to set your perfect pass cause I know my last two have been WAY OFF. Good luck!!!!
Old     (wakeprodigy)      Join Date: Oct 2002       05-07-2006, 6:38 PM Reply   
Diggs,
Thanks for the reply. I bet you're probably right about the speed. It's hard to tell these days how fast the boat is really going without GPS. 21mph on a VLX may be 20 on a 21V. So, I'm sure there are a lot of factors to look at. Overall I'm very happy with my 21V, I just need to mess around with it a little bit more. I guess that's the problem with being an Engineer... nothing is ever good enough. Anyways, it's going to be a great season. I just picked up some sweet tower speaks. Check them out!

Upload
Old    discolafinger            05-07-2006, 7:31 PM Reply   
what are those, they look sweet, how do they sound
Old     (wakeprodigy)      Join Date: Oct 2002       05-10-2006, 7:21 PM Reply   
That would be the Trident series tower speakers from HSE (HiSide Engineering)

Their website is www.hsetrident.com