Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 25, 2006

Old     (wakesurf12)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-21-2006, 8:50 AM Reply   
Hey whats up everyone, so as I was getting ready for the upcoming season (which hopefully starts TODAY!) I began watching all my old wakevids. It got me wondering though, what happened to Mark Bame and Bump Films? His videos rocked and were always high quality but he kinda just dropped off the face of the planet. I even tried to pull up the website but it was gone. Last thing of his I saw him do was the xstar spot. Is he doing more commercial work and less wakeboarding? I am just curious to know.
Old     (fullonsalesgrp)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-21-2006, 8:55 AM Reply   
I remember he was going back to his first love filming surf. But that was like three years ago.

Old     (kevin_bird)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-21-2006, 9:04 AM Reply   
If i remember correctly he does the Mastercraft commercials still. But i could be wrong. Other than that, what did happen to him?
Old    du540            04-21-2006, 1:08 PM Reply   
I talked to Mark about a year ago, about working on some wake vids, and he said he was doing alot of other video work. Something about some fishing shows and some stuff. He talked about how difficult it is to make any kind of money doing wake vids (he's right) and that he felt Free For All came out so well that he wouldn't want to put out another vid unless it would measure up. And to do that, he couldn't see spending the kind of money it would take.

I can see his point, F4A was the first vid that really got me looking at the cinematic aspect of making wake vids and how important the soundtrack is and how you need to work the video footage with the music. It's still the best wake vid out there...IMO.

Ron Mart
NumbSkull Productions
www.numbskullpro.com
Old     (wakesurf12)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-22-2006, 8:39 AM Reply   
Yeah, thanks for the update. I agree with you that his films always had the best cinematography and Mark Bame was also a big influence on me as well. Even outside of the wakeboard film world. Its sad to see someone so talented leave. But who knows, maybe well see him again. Anyway, if any of you have time check out my stuff that I've shot and chopped... There is some fun stuff on there as well.

Ryan
www.primeproductions.com

EMULATION, my wakeboarding video can be viewed here.
www.kryptfilms.com