Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 11, 2004

Old    wakehawg            01-29-2004, 1:42 PM Reply   
I have some 2001 Belmonts and ripped the overlay at the end of the season. After being unable to get a replacement from the business where I purchased them I emailed Hyperlite warranty department about a week ago just for fun. Well about 4 days after the email, I get two new overlays in a box from Hyperlite. Talk about a welcome surprise.

Pretty good service for no questions asked. Anyways, here's to warm weather soon in Arkansas!
Old    deepbayboarder            01-29-2004, 1:48 PM Reply   
yah man... my parks rubber overlays have ripped 3 times so Hyperlite sent me 5 in the mail for extras for free
Old     (wakesk8er2)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-29-2004, 7:11 PM Reply   
I've broken 2 parks handles. Both were replaced for free, but the last one has taken 5 months to get. I got it back today, so its cool.
Old    deepbayboarder            01-29-2004, 7:14 PM Reply   
how do u break those
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       01-30-2004, 2:35 AM Reply   
my '02 parks ripped not too long ago and the part was on back order for about a month....
Old    jzwake            01-30-2004, 5:43 AM Reply   
I personally have yet to have a Problem with any wake copmpany and Warranty replacements. I used to ride LF boots, I had 2 issues with 2 sets both times I was sent the replacement part. WIth HYperlite I ripped some overlays. They sent me the part, one one pair they sent me new Boots then I sent them My old ones. I have had some friends that got the run around form LF with Boards Delaming.
Old    jzwake            01-30-2004, 5:44 AM Reply   
K Raz, they sometime pull out of were they are anchored to.
Old    deepbayboarder            01-30-2004, 5:46 AM Reply   
ahhh :S hope mine doesnt do that
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       01-30-2004, 8:12 AM Reply   
These topics always amaze me. I too rode Hyperlite bindings a couple years ago and with all the tearing and waiting for replacement issues, I went and tried other stuff. The grass is greener, I assure you. I bought a pair of Zeus early last Summer and am still using them, plus they're much more comfortable than my Parks or Belmonts were...
Try some other stuff guys.
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       01-30-2004, 8:39 AM Reply   
Hyperlite makes some really comfy bindings. But I must say if they didn't take care of you like that they'd be out of business. I've ahad a few pairs and they have all ripped more than once. The reason I keep buying them is because of the comfort and the fact that they fix or replace them, no questions asked.
Old    jzwake            01-30-2004, 10:58 AM Reply   
I've ridden a lot of different equipment over the last 4 years and Feel that Hyperlites boots have failed the same amount as the LFs, double up, CWB, and back when I got some badass them too. I assume the reason you hear the most complants about Hyperlite boots is because they are the Most purchased boots as well. I'd bet percentage wise there is an equal amount of Warranty issues throughout all the companies.

I take OK care of my gear but I'm sure there people out there that buy there first board + boots, hyperlite of course then leave them on the boat in the sun all the time letting UV eat up the rubber or laces causing them to break after a few months. Then they Whine that the boots are cheap even though they have no basis of comparision.

Just a thought
Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       01-30-2004, 5:26 PM Reply   
I agree with all that JZWAKE just said, and I feel like adding that I contacted hyperlite a few weeks ago, and today I got (internationally shipped) a package full of free stuff for me and my other 3 riding buddies, we all ride hyperlite gear... now that's Hyperlite pride!!
Old    wakehawg            02-01-2004, 8:25 AM Reply   
Boobs:

I have Liquid Force Ultra Sucs as my backup bindings, an Obrien board, and a Hyperlite board. Never been impressed enough to buy a DoubleUp board, although the 'pro' at the shop really wanted me to. Wasn't commenting on how Hyperlite was better at all. I mean, it took me 8 months of trying through a business to get the warranty work done, with them saying Hyperlite was giving them the run-around. I guess I was the one being played. Anyways, good thoughts!

Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-01-2004, 9:32 AM Reply   
Well I'm a monster with my equipment, I'll destroy stuff in no time, especially boards. But I had a pair of the original 30/60's (IMO were better than any of the newer versions) for almost 3 years, and even when I let them go, they were in good condition and still had alot of use left in them. I loved those bindings, now I'm in parks, don't think they'll last as long, but hyperlite do make a good binding. You still hear alot of complaints about the older bindings, because of the curing and compound problems, HL says they have them resolved now. But each company has problems like this (Like LF when they first released the ultra's they couldn't withstand a dirty look without falling apart. but they fixed it and now everyone loves them).
HL has a good warrenty, but can take its time sometimes,(thats why I like having a local board shop).
Old    teenhack            02-01-2004, 10:44 AM Reply   
I'll agree with the majority of you and say that Hyperlites warranties are incredible. I had problems with my overlay in my Splits 03', and after calling and talking to a few different reps, they told me they'd send an overlay. About... 6 weeks later I got the new overlay and was in wakeboarding bliss for another month or so before my "candid" footbed had warped near the side of my foot. So again I called and again they were greatful to help. This time I was to send my complete bindings in and they would send me a brand new pair. Now this was in about late July mind you. By the time early September rolled around I was beginning to worry that maybe they had forgotten so I decided to call. Sure enough they had thrown my bindings into the wrong pile and forgotten to send me my new pair. Now while they did send me 04's in compensation for my almost 2 month waiting time. By the time I got them there was only a good month MAYBE month and a half of good riding.
Overall HL does have the best warranty around, its just a matter of you actually getting your new gear that hinders their progress. Just my .02...

(Message edited by TeenHack on February 01, 2004)