Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 21, 2008

Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-11-2008, 8:13 AM Reply   
well the wife is finally realizing we'll need to ugprade to a larger boat. hopefully next season depending on taxes, etc. the one thing that's got me concerned is our garage. the door is only ~7ft tall and the driveway has a slight incline approaching the opening (last part may not matter). as far as depth goes, i've got right around 22ft 4inches, maybe an inch or so more, but 22ft 4in for sure. my question is, what can i get in there? i know i'll have to take the swim platform off and i'm cool with that, but i really don't want to have to monkey much with the tower aside from simply folding it down. i'd also prefer not to have to fork out a bunch of extra money to modify the trailer, etc.

the two boats i'm currently interested in are an X1 (new or used) or a new moomba lsv.

i'd prefer not to angle.

can you guys/gals commment. other mfg owners who have something similar working for them feel free to comment.

crossing my fingers you have good news for me. getting the wife on board for next year has been a long time coming.

tia
Old     (snowboardcorey)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-11-2008, 8:29 AM Reply   
As far as the X-1 goes it should fit not problem. Have your dealer verify the fit first though. Worst case scenario you can get a lower profile trailer built. I know for sure Phoenix Trailers can build these and often for around or less than the MC trailer!
Old     (snowboardcorey)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-11-2008, 8:38 AM Reply   
Forgot to mention that if looking at used X-1's definitally measure first. With multiple towers over the years some fold lower than others. I've seen the New Dimension style tower go under a 7' door same with the current style, I am not 100% sure on the 2006 style towers.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-11-2008, 8:50 AM Reply   
Bruce, one nice thing about the X-1 if you are looking new is that Cope and McPhetres uses Sport Boat Trailers. They seem to be a little more low profile than the mastercraft trailers. Who have you been working with at Cope's?

Oh yeah, if you are looking at the Mobius LSV that is going to be close putting it in length wise. The boat is 21'6" and you can add almost a foot for the trim tab. The trailer is going to have to be shorter than the boat to be able to fit straight in.

(Message edited by polarbill on February 11, 2008)
Old     (etakk7)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-11-2008, 9:09 AM Reply   
An X-1 may very well fit in one bay of your garage without removing the swim platform - when I fold the tongue of the trailer it's even with the bow of the boat, and the boat is only 20'7." I have a standard double garage and I fit it in one bay, no angle. I have a 2002 ND tower so I can't speak for the new ones, but mine fits in a 7' garage with an inch or two to spare.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-11-2008, 9:22 AM Reply   
brett, haven't been working with anyone recently. got a quote from sean hamon a long time ago. seemed like a fair deal. new boat has been on hold as we moved last spring, kids, etc. --the usual stuff. i'll have to sqeek another year out of our current, but by the end of this season, i'm certain my wife will be ready to upgrade. we're simply running out of room and we've proven that we love the water and will use a boat. she knows it's inevitable and she's already been talking about it. now it's a question of money. the x2 is our first choice, but it won't fit, we probably can't afford it and we simply can't afford storage. next would be the x1, but it's got to make sense financially and that's why i'm looking at alternatives like the mob lsv. i can forward you the quote that sean had sent me if you want to see what we're interested in. i really need to find out the overall length and height of the 07 and 08 x1's. are you guys even carrying them any anymore? really need to have the wife and kids sit in it again--it's been a while. from a cost perspective, it may just be that it's simply out of our reach. good news is we're no where close to upside down on our current and i've taken terrific care of it and forked out a ton for upgrades. it will be a great little entry level family boat for someone when the time comes to sell it. so i'm set there at least. i want to reiterate that we're not ready this season, but i finally have the wife on board and it's time to start doing my homework again. my goal is to have a new boat this time next year.
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       02-11-2008, 9:34 AM Reply   
07 x1 fits in my 7' garage straight in and it is 21'10" deep. It only clears the 7' door with the hatch open and tower resting on the intake of the motor and hatch folded back over it. It will fit, but it is very close. A low pro trailer would guarantee a good fit.
Old     (1boarder_kevin)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-11-2008, 9:38 AM Reply   
The 2006 on a MC single axle trailer x1 will fit in a 7 ft door. It only had 1/4" to spare. The tower changed in 07-present so I don't know about them. My X2 doesn't fit with the new tower unless I take one of the board rack forks off. The new tower won't allow you to roll the forks down or it hits the sun deck. I plan on putting in an 8 ft door before summer. My garage is only 16 ft deep by 18 ft wide and I managed to get the x1 in at an angle. The x2 is a little more difficult but it is possible
Old     (kdsuprassv)      Join Date: Dec 2006       02-11-2008, 9:40 AM Reply   
My Supra 20 SSV is actually 20' 9" without the platform. Add in the Wake plate and the trailer and Once I fold the trailer tongue to the side I have about 3" of room between the trailer and the garage door. As far as height goes, My driveway slopes down into the garage and if I have too much air in the tires....the highest point on the tower when it is folded would hit the top of the door opening. I'd do some detailed measuring before my purchase.
Old     (curtisco24)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-11-2008, 9:47 AM Reply   
Measure your garage opening to make sure on the x-1. I have a seven foot door and the x-1 was about 4 inches too tall on the 06 model.