Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 06, 2009

Old     (bogartsomeday)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-26-2009, 10:41 AM Reply   
Im a beginner rider who's coming up on their 3rd year of riding. I buy liquid force but am considering CWB. I understand that every brand has different skill levels of boards, but I want a product that I know has the lightest, biggest pop, fastest, softest landings, and sticks well during edging while not sacrificing an easy butter slide. THose are my personal preferences. Im jumpin wake to wake no problem and am getting into spins this season with hopefully other s***. So, i'm a person who is all about supporting a good brand with a product that is one of the best out there to buy. So without having to go test the boards out myself, Im hoping that I can get some personal opinions from the wakeboard community. Hope you guys can help me out!
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-26-2009, 10:50 AM Reply   
honestly:
lightest, biggest pop, soft landings = slingshot/compnay/byerly monarch

those are my votes... i haven't been on CWB in a while so here would be my LF votes:
Shane (pop and landings) or Lyman (speed and light)
Old    K.B.C.            03-26-2009, 11:07 AM Reply   
Just about every wake company out there makes comparable products. There is no ONE best wake company out there. LF and CWB both make a quality wakeboards.
Old     (deltariderscom)      Join Date: May 2007       03-26-2009, 11:14 AM Reply   
If I was you I would go into Off Axis and Ask for Shon, have him give you a run down on the boards he has available and what would suit your style of riding. I think he might even have a demo program but you will do tow things, get some input on the info you want and support a local shop that has great service and products.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-26-2009, 11:31 AM Reply   
You can get what you are looking for on either brand. I will say, there is no magic board, each comes with tradeoffs, speed for pop etc. The Shane is a very popular board, as is the Transcend. Do what DRA said and you will be in good shape. CWB has a lot of support in your area and a lot of good folks that would be happy to show you the product.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       03-26-2009, 12:09 PM Reply   
CWB Transcend Platinum, demo one if you can.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-26-2009, 12:27 PM Reply   
Exactly what Jeff said..... The Platinum core boards are stiff and light. They make for a very responsive and poppy board.

Don't rule out the Absolute Platinum either. I'm jumping back on one this year. It's always been a fun shape.

Demo, demo, demo. I second going to see Shon. He's a good guy and runs a great shop.
Old     (bogartsomeday)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-26-2009, 12:48 PM Reply   
Thanks guys for all the input given...they are all really legit opinions! I have already gone into off-axis and everything, Shon's actually one of my good friends so its cool to see a few of you out there supporting him and his shop. I'm considering purchasing a Transcend from him and thats why I asked my question cause I was gonna get a LF Watson this year. Who knows what'll happen, if I can get the money then i'll be goin' cwb. I'll let everyone know what I think about the board if it happens. Thanks again for the opinions everyone.
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-26-2009, 1:54 PM Reply   
CWB Ab Plat
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       03-26-2009, 2:07 PM Reply   
Yes Absolute Platinum is also a great choice, I have a couple riders making the switch back to the 09 Absolute after being on the Transcend for a couple years, I hear the small changes they made to the 09 Absolute are legit and the board is kick a$$.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       03-26-2009, 4:27 PM Reply   
Platinum Transcend is everything you could ever ask for.
Old     (riz)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-26-2009, 4:47 PM Reply   
dude....you need to ride some boards. Those personal preferences are just about what everyone wants in a board....not to mention what every company says about they're boards. Go Demo
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       03-26-2009, 4:53 PM Reply   
LF=LOVE

stick with em.

we have the lyman (mine) watson(my dads) and the trip (my uncle) im not a big fan of the trip i dont like how it rides. but the watson and lyman or both great boards
Old     (chasemac)      Join Date: Apr 2008       03-26-2009, 5:02 PM Reply   
LF for life!!!
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-26-2009, 5:03 PM Reply   
Agreed Riley...And I want a toilet made out of solid GOLD...but its just not in the cards baby!

Codi, it looks like you are relatively new to this site...and the sport. Here are some things I have learned over the years.

Manufacturers would like you to think that buying their newest and greatest board will magically turn your wake to wake straight airs to grabbed 720's...its just not true. Some of the best riders I have ever met could shred on a board from 2004 just as well as a brand new Super Ultra Premium S4 $1,000 board. When it comes down to it, its all about water time. The more time you spend on the water the better you get.

Also, here on Wakeworld there are a few peeps who push certain products. Its not my place to say why or for what reasons, but it happens. With that said, any major manufacturer will have something you will like and can ride well. If you can, Demo some products. I think you will find that the differing characteristics are generally not very pronounced except at the most extreme opposites in board designs.

Good luck with your search. Just remember its more about the ride than what your riding.
Old     (mwriderss)      Join Date: Apr 2009       04-05-2009, 9:55 AM Reply   
L.f. Watson. Fly series,

That's everything which you described to the T.
Old     (jasonpav)      Join Date: Dec 2008       04-05-2009, 10:24 AM Reply   
The cwb Kink and Pure are sweet beginner/intermediate boards, but if you want to step it up go with a Transcend or Absolute.