Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 23, 2009

Old    akman            01-10-2009, 8:43 PM Reply   
Went to the boat show today with the wifey and little man, the weather was perfect for a morning downtown.

Saw a few wakeworld regulars at the show, Joe Umali, Dennis, Hairband dude, Randy Murray, Gary from DBG Concepts, Geoff, Tyler, Josh and Jason from Wakesports just to name a few. Strolled thru the wakeboard shops, wakeboard boats and even checked out my next possible boat...

It was weird this year because part of going to the show is to actually SEE all the boats in one venue so you can see what they all have to offer face to face right up against each other. Well this year this is who I did NOT SEE at the show.

Mastercraft, Malibu, Supra, Centurion, Tige'...all the major players in the industry were not there and it actually kind of sucked not to see them all going head to head.

It was fun to watch the guys throw down in the pool on the rails, fun box and the big kicker using the winch. Kyle Alberts threw down on the kicker and was landing almost out of the pool. Kyle thanks for stopping by and saying "hello" to the little guy it was good seeing you again.

Wakesports, DGB Concepts and M2O Marine were all representing and had all their gear out for show.

The boat that caught my eye was the blue and white Epic in the corner of the show. Now you guys all know I am a big time Nautique guy, I love their boats, but the Epic looked damn good and had some really clean lines.

Here are a few boats and some prices that were on them. The Sanger to me had the best bang for the buck just like it did last year and the year before.

Super Air 210
Upload
210 interior
Upload
210 pricing
Upload
Nautique 230
Upload
230 pricing
Upload
Sanger V215
Upload
V215 pricing
Upload
rail and kicker
Upload
winch attached to the back of a boat for effect
Upload
Blue and White Epic I was told you could have this boat as is for $58,000 out the door.
Upload
Epic
Upload
Epic interior
Upload
Epic
Upload
DBG Concepts booth
Upload
Kyle on the rail
Upload
Kyle off the kicker
Upload
My next boat! I love the Parker fishing boats, got to meet the inventor / owner Mr. Parker himself. If I buy a fishing boat this is it.
Upload
Beautiful 75* plus day downtown at the gaslamp
Upload
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-10-2009, 10:23 PM Reply   
nice pics gramps! it was great seeing you and laura again, and finally got to meet cory! he's a cutie!
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       01-10-2009, 10:52 PM Reply   
Best quality of pics at a boat show yet! Thanks Gramps...
Old    pdxWAKE.com            01-10-2009, 11:10 PM Reply   
Wow the epic looks good....
Wish someone would think about bringing one to the portland boatshow..... even if it has to come from the manufacturer level it is the first show of the year and would help create some needed buzzzzzzzz
Old     (bmr82)      Join Date: Jul 2008       01-11-2009, 2:57 AM Reply   
That last pic makes me really miss S.D.. That blows that the big names weren't there.
Old     (colombiansurfer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-11-2009, 7:22 AM Reply   
What was the deal on the 230 pricing for under 20K???
Old     (pnichols)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-11-2009, 8:12 AM Reply   
That can't be the correct price?
Old     (skier12)      Join Date: Mar 2006       01-11-2009, 8:18 AM Reply   
I believe the red ink on the 230 is the savings. I'm sure the boat still costs 70k.

Btw I love the tower on the 210, very clean.
Old    akman            01-11-2009, 8:29 AM Reply   
The first price is the MSRP, the middle price is after all the dealer discounts, the last price is the savings they say they give you.

So the price pre-tax is $70K and change
Old     (knelems)      Join Date: May 2002       01-11-2009, 8:35 AM Reply   
Were the trailers included in thoses boat show prices?
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-11-2009, 8:42 AM Reply   
Nice pics Gramps. 70K for a discounted boat is CRAZY!!! And people wonder why boat dealers are going out of business!
Old     (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-11-2009, 8:51 AM Reply   
Man I bummed about the canceled Pleasanton boat show. That first Nauty is NICE
Old    walt            01-11-2009, 10:17 AM Reply   
I love the way the Super Air 210 looks.
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       01-11-2009, 10:28 AM Reply   
Nice price on the Sanger. I wonder what it came with? Seems like that's the sleeper in the crowd with these so called "price point" boats.
Old     (knelems)      Join Date: May 2002       01-11-2009, 10:32 AM Reply   
I agree on the Sangers being a good boat for the money. Gramps do you have the full spec sheet on the Sangers?
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       01-11-2009, 11:44 AM Reply   
Looks like another well attended boat show.
Old     (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-11-2009, 8:24 PM Reply   
Yeah, was anyone at the show? Looks like all the pics are missing people in them.
Old     (daxxruckus)      Join Date: May 2008       01-12-2009, 8:31 AM Reply   
It was kind of slow when I was there, yesterday a lot of people were gone by the time the charger game started.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

We're posting up pics over here too:

http://www.wakeboardsd.net/forum/index.php?topic=548.new;topicseen#new
Old     (wakeboard_pittsburgh)      Join Date: Jul 2008       01-12-2009, 9:16 AM Reply   
Awesome Pictures. Thanks.

A Black and Gold SAN as a support for the winch the day of the Pittsburgh vs San Diego football game. Does anyone else find that funny?