Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 17, 2007

Old     (norcal_wakejunky)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-14-2007, 12:23 PM Reply   
I know there was a post not to long ago about peoples stuff getting jacked I guess now I can say I joined that club. I have owned my boat for two weeks now and just last night I had an 02 byerly board get stolen along with a catylst wake skate out of my boat that was covered tight. I'm not super bummed because it was older stuff used to loan out also I have read people have had thousands of dollars of stuff, stereo mainly, stolen off their boats. What did I loose a couple of hundred, but it is still the principal of it. I thought I lived in a super safe neighborhood where I can keep my boat out covered while I build boat parking along the side of my house, guess I was wrong.

So to everyone who has had stuff stolen from just a couple of bucks to thousands of dollars I feel for you.
Old     (norcal_wakejunky)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-14-2007, 12:41 PM Reply   
also if anyone can point me to a cheap 140-143 wakeboard with xl bindings package for dirt cheap I would appreciate it.
Old    wakelvr            04-14-2007, 12:50 PM Reply   
It's the "super safe" neighborhoods that you DO have to worry about unfortunately. We live in a nice neighborhood, and we have thugs come through once in awhile and wipe us out. I have had Christmas decorations stolen out of my front yard, a hitch stolen off my neighbor's truck, and the list goes on. Also, beware to those who leave their cars or trucks out at night. A recent trend is people stealing your garage door opener and helping themselves to your house. We park in our garage (imagine that) but so many people on our street leave their cars out. Anyway, it doesn't matter what they stole. Stealing is stealing. It's just wrong but I will tell you, KARMA is a B%T&$!!!
Old    wakelvr            04-14-2007, 12:55 PM Reply   
P.S. We have an old Hyperlite Premier DNA (2002) that we will be selling soon and never used Hyperlite 3060 bindings (2001). We will post them this week in the for sale section in case you are interested....
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-14-2007, 1:15 PM Reply   
Steve, that was me!

I feel your pain, but in all honesty what is a few pieces of equipment. I am a poor college and $300 in stereo stuff was a big loss for me, but I still have so much stuff to be thankful for.
Old     (norcal_wakejunky)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-14-2007, 1:23 PM Reply   
Totally Leo,

I'm very fortunate that those were the only things that were stolen and there was no damage to my boat. Thats a really good point you make Stefani, I best make room in my garage so I can start parking in there.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-14-2007, 1:58 PM Reply   
Yea, definately Steve. When they stole my stereo, I had the key in the ignition. I had assumed the locked gate we stored our boat in was safe. They could have easily come back with a truck and bolt cutters and cut off my trailer lock. They also left all of my fat sacs and wakeboard equipment. A month earlier that stole a boat from the same area, so it is probably someone that works there.