Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 17, 2007

Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-15-2007, 7:21 AM Reply   
generally people ride boat and have questions about how to ride cable. I'm quite the opposite. I've only ridden behind a boat twice and that was when I first learned to ride. Next week I'm going out with some people I met to ride behind there X-star. I can do a variety of rolls and raley based tricks on a cable. How hard will it be for me to take my cable tricks to the boat?
Old     (blind)      Join Date: Jun 2006       04-15-2007, 7:26 AM Reply   
just don't use the wake and you should be fine!
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-15-2007, 8:41 AM Reply   
lol...that's what I was thinking, I'll just do air tricks
Old     (georgi)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-16-2007, 8:09 AM Reply   
benjamin, my case is the same. I've actually learned on the cable and gone for the boat just last season. It is really hard. You get the wake, but you lose the catapult. It's different. You'll get some really bad slams. Falling behind a boat is way more painful and surprisingly hard. Make some wake to wake jumps. It's not that easy although you might throw some really impressive tricks on the cable. Then try some spins. Then go for backroll and/or raley. When doing a raley you should wait a little more before you pull out your board, you should use the throwing force of the wake, and your catapult is weaker.

Boat riding is great fun, so... go for it! The beast of it all is when you ride both on cable and boat.

(Message edited by georgi on April 16, 2007)
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-16-2007, 8:26 AM Reply   
A friend of mine who only rides the cable went out on my boat and landed a raley on his first outing.