Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2006

Old     (wakechic06)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-16-2006, 10:08 PM Reply   
So I have really really small hands and every handle i've used kills my hands after I use it. And near the end of my set, and im getting tired, it's hard to me to hold onto the handle when i'm landing. So basically im wondering what is the smallest handle grip out there, but it has to be comfterable too cause my hands are sensitive too. lol So yea any info would be great.

Thanks

Jamie
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-16-2006, 11:49 PM Reply   
Check out female handles on some of the online sites. Other then that, the Byerly handle is my second favorite off of the original Premier and it is a smaller grip.
Old     (aden_g)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-17-2006, 8:07 AM Reply   
If you are looking for a carbon handle, check the Straight Line Bantam. It has more of a constant grip, if you know what I mean.... no crazy designs or anything, so it won't hurt your hands as much. I ride the Eclipse, and one or two of my buddies have soft hands and complain about the grip. Then they ride the Bantam and say they love it.

http://www.slsports.com/gear/wake/bantam_carbon_hand.html

(Message edited by aden_g on July 17, 2006)
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-17-2006, 8:40 AM Reply   
Straight Line and Master Line both make small handle sizes. I have them for my kids.
Old     (wakeparent)      Join Date: Jan 2005       07-17-2006, 9:22 AM Reply   
Check out Proline the leather grip is a awsome
handle and very comfy.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-17-2006, 9:29 AM Reply   
the SL Bantam/eclipse has one of the largest grips on the market.

The LG is rather small.
Old     (wakechic06)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-17-2006, 9:52 AM Reply   
Karl - What models do you have? Is it just straight line in general with small grips, or specific ones?

thanks

Jamie
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-17-2006, 10:23 AM Reply   
Master Line: With the exception of the carbon and low-end promo handle, all are available in small diameter (1"). Price about $90-$50 with about $10 shipping. A slalom handle can be as small as .88" dia and 13" long. Works great for kids or very small hands. However, it sinks.

Straight Line: MiniGrip is 1" outer diameter - various models from $90 to $60 (Launch for wraps, Wake for floating, Featherweight for sinking, and stiffy for some body to the handle "V"). Shipping is about $10, depending upon zip code.

Most other handles are 1.1 to 1.125 inches in diameter. With smaller hands, you want a firmer handle. Too soft, and you will not get a good "feel" for handle passes. Also, the inner bar diameter is really small on some of them, making them much more fragile.

If you have a local shop with SL or ML, go to them. If not, let me know and I'll help you out.

If you want detailed info - rider@boarditup.com.

Good Luck
Old     (aden_g)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-17-2006, 10:44 AM Reply   
"the SL Bantam/eclipse has one of the largest grips on the market."

Really? Weird... I have pretty small hands and I love it.
Old     (wakechic06)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-17-2006, 10:45 AM Reply   
Alright thanks. I'm gonna look around locally first and i'll let you know if I need some more help.

Thanks
Jamie