Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 15, 2009

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-09-2008, 3:45 PM Reply   
I picked up Fulton’s new F2 Trailer Jack. This thing is pretty pimp. I picked it up at West Marine for under $100 the stock Fulton trailer jack that came on my DHM trailer is a POS. The plastic wheel is a joke and when you extend the trailer jack off my tow rig the jack is so far extended that it look's like a stiff wind will bend and break the jack. The only down side for me is that is going to require me to do some cutting and welding. The jack comes with some U bolts that will allow you to bolt the trailer jack on with no cutting or welding but IMO it will look kind of junky. If you want the weld on plate Fulton sells them for an extra $20. I bought the jack thinking the plate came with the jack but after doing some research it doesn’t. I got to play around with a Fulton F2 jack on a New 09 230 Nautique. The Jack was super smooth to crank up and down and super stable even fully extended. Much better than my stock jack. The large wheels have a brake lock at the bottom so you can hold the boat in place while you put the tire block under the wheel. The height is also adjustable. You can adjust where the jack starts to extend.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (flux)      Join Date: Jun 2003       12-09-2008, 4:02 PM Reply   
Wow, WANT!!

I got a DHM and hate my stock jack. Not to mention that for some reason if my trailer is level, the boat is sitting so that any water left in the bilge stays in the boat and does not drain out, so I have to pull some fancy maneuvers with blocks and a bottle jack to drain the hull properly.

Nice find, I may have to upgrade.
Old     (malibuboats4)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-09-2008, 6:17 PM Reply   
thats awesome, but do you really think that tiny piece of plastic, or "brake", will really stop a 5000 lb boat and trailer from rolling away?
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-09-2008, 6:50 PM Reply   
It doesn't really have to stop the boat.... just keep it stopped. Big difference.
Obviously if you park on a hill, your gonna need wheel chocks. But my driveway has a slight incline to the side & I'd bet this would keep it there till I chocked the wheels.
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       12-09-2008, 7:54 PM Reply   
These things are legit. I actually work at the company HQ for West Marine. They had them at our sample sale for $30 bucks.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       12-09-2008, 8:18 PM Reply   
VLX Envy hook me up.....
Old     (phenom_1819)      Join Date: Jan 2008       12-09-2008, 8:35 PM Reply   
I want one too. If I'm understanding correctly, because the mounting point is adjustable... I could unhook the trailer without first having to back onto ramps as I do now...!
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-09-2008, 9:31 PM Reply   
Cal Im not sure I understand what your asking.
Im guessing your tailer jack doesn't extend all the way allowing your trailer to come off the tow ball and you have to put a block under the trailer jack wheel?

If you look at the 2nd and 4th picture. You notice a grove in th eback side of the jack. The mount has a alan head bolt that you can loosen and move the mount either up or down. This is somthing that is done once. You adjust the amount of jack that folds down. This way you can have it set so the jack dosen't have to extend very much. I guess the only down side to adjusting it way down is that if you ever disconnect on un even surfaces (example) the edge of your driveway where the toung of the trailer is close to the ground you wont be able to un fold your jack. You would need to re adjust it back up.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-09-2008, 9:33 PM Reply   
If you have the chance to get one of these for $30 I say swoop it up. Btw this thing must weigh 30 LBS.
Old     (phenom_1819)      Join Date: Jan 2008       12-09-2008, 9:37 PM Reply   
Sorry for my jibberish... (and yes, you interpreted correctly):

when I unhook the trailer in the garage, the tongue is too close to the ground. When trying to pivot the jack into place, it bottoms-out before it hits the locking pin. Basically, I have to back onto the ramps to get the rear-end of the truck up higher, so that there is enough clearance to lower the jack.

Sounds like this could help, so long as it's not so far towards the ball that I can't get the trailer unhooked on level surfaces. I think I should be fine. This may be on my Christmas list...

(Message edited by phenom_1819 on December 09, 2008)
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-09-2008, 9:49 PM Reply   
Cal Yup: This jack can be adjusted to fix your problem.
Old     (pc_sledge)      Join Date: Jan 2006       12-10-2008, 5:59 AM Reply   
I think from what I've seen these come standard on 09' MC trailers.
Old     (roughrivermike)      Join Date: Apr 2006       12-10-2008, 6:14 AM Reply   
yep. its on the 09 mc trailers.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-10-2008, 8:45 AM Reply   
I'd be down for one of those I hate it when my jack is fully extended and looks like its gonna buckle.
Old     (fabs128)      Join Date: Feb 2007       12-10-2008, 11:07 AM Reply   
I ordered one for my trailer and came to find out that the hole pattern will not fit around my trailer. Has anyone had this problem with one? I am hoping that they make a different one for next year cause I need one badly.
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       12-10-2008, 11:10 AM Reply   
It weights 21.450 pounds and I have pretty accurate info if you read my above post.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-10-2008, 11:35 AM Reply   
Hey can you get another one for $30. I would take another one in a second for the pontoon boat.
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-10-2008, 12:25 PM Reply   
Thats the jack that came on my 09 MasterCraft trailer, and its ROCK SOLID. I never really trusted the old ones especially when pushing the tongue around. I always feared it would break like a double barrel shotgun and land on my toes.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       12-10-2008, 12:57 PM Reply   
So Envy you gonna help some fellow WW members out on this one? Looks like there is alot of interest.
Old     (chrzanowski5)      Join Date: Aug 2002       12-10-2008, 1:12 PM Reply   
I'm in for $30 ... anyone know if it will fit on a 2004 MC trailer with modification?
Old     (adouglas)      Join Date: Nov 2007       12-10-2008, 1:18 PM Reply   
I'm in for $30 also...
Old     (bjeremi)      Join Date: Mar 2006       12-10-2008, 2:20 PM Reply   
X3 wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       12-10-2008, 3:19 PM Reply   
Uh slow down guys. I have access to ONE and ONE alone. Nu Bu is on the clock. PM was sent.

I said "they had" them. Please do not jump the gun here.

(Message edited by cavlxenvy on December 10, 2008)
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       12-10-2008, 3:49 PM Reply   
Hit you back Envy..
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       12-10-2008, 4:22 PM Reply   
what i don't get is, i've heard this won't fit the MC trailers 00-08 because they had something welded on for the old atwood jacks, but then i look at grant's pics and it looks really similar to my setup. help me out here i'm a little slow. do i have to remove what's on there now and weld something back on? i also read that the older atwood jacks are disco'd.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-10-2008, 4:35 PM Reply   
Bruce: The new Fulton F2 jack will bolt on. It comes with "U" bolts. These will clamp around your trailer frame and bolt to the jack. The jack comes with 2 diffrent sizes. You should have no problem bolting it on. My trailer DHM has fram rails that are 1 1/2 wide and like 5 1/2 tall. The 2 diffrent sets of U bolts that came with the jack are to long. Extra threads need to be tapped on to the U bolts or you need to buy some New smaller U bolts to bolt this jack to my thin DHM trailer frame. If you have a Box style trailer frame the stock U bolts that come in with the jack will work perfict.

The mount you see in my first picture is of the Stock POS jack. I decided to buy the $20 extra weld on mount and weld the new mount onto the existing trailer jack mount. This way the paint on my trailer should be OK and Ill just have to do a small paint touch up.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       12-10-2008, 5:05 PM Reply   
grant, i'd prefer not to use the u-bolts. do you know what they call (or part#) for the additional plate? was that specific for DHM? i emailed fulton.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       12-10-2008, 5:23 PM Reply   
nevermind grant. i found the part# it's 0928061-00. any guess what it would cost a trailer shop to replace the plates?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-16-2008, 6:09 PM Reply   
Hey Here is a Picture of the $20 Weld on jack mount
The Part# is on the box.

I should get this installed in the next day or 2
Upload
Old     (rio_sanger)      Join Date: Apr 2007       12-16-2008, 7:24 PM Reply   
G is right on with this jack. I recently replaced my original POS on my VM trailer with one of these. Night and day!
I did have to add a few threads to the U-bolts as G stated, clamped it right over the orig. weld on. I didn't know about the weld on adapter bracket, may have to upgrade to that for a cleaner look!
Thanks G for the part #
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-17-2008, 5:14 PM Reply   
I had a local welding shop install the weld on mount
for $30. The jack works awesome.
Upload
Upload
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-17-2008, 5:29 PM Reply   
Yeah man that looks bout it, bout it.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       12-18-2008, 10:42 AM Reply   
yeah nice and clean. me wants.