Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 23, 2009

Old     (jackeh)      Join Date: May 2008       01-26-2009, 3:41 PM Reply   
i'v been riding a 2007 liquid force ps3 133.

what board do you guys think i should upgrade to?

i'm about 5'8 130 pounds.
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-26-2009, 3:42 PM Reply   
slingshot or shane

Jeremy...joe anything to add

(Message edited by johnsvt on January 26, 2009)
Old     (jackeh)      Join Date: May 2008       01-26-2009, 3:47 PM Reply   
what slingshot model??

what size?
Old     (gunnertom4593)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-26-2009, 3:47 PM Reply   
I went from a Ronix Covin 133 to a Ronix DHV1 137 recently and love the step up in size and the dark core is awesome! They are on an ebay store for $250 Shipped, got mine new still in the packaging. Highly recommend one of those.
Old     (jackeh)      Join Date: May 2008       01-26-2009, 3:49 PM Reply   
thanks tom i'll look into them.
Old     (jackeh)      Join Date: May 2008       01-26-2009, 4:07 PM Reply   
what do you guys think of the 2008 ronix ones?

i'm interested in them, and the ronix dhv1.
Old     (gunnertom4593)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-26-2009, 4:15 PM Reply   
I ride those too!...great great setup. Super comfy bindings, the laces are a little annoying (hard to pull tight) at first, but once you break them in they are easy. I recommend molding them but it's not necessary, it maximizes the heel hold when you mold them. Basically just comfy, responsive, supportive, I love them.
Now to the DHV1, sick board, great pop and amazing snap off the wake (dark core)...and weighs nothing!
The only thing I didn't like about the board was the 1.0" fins. They were a little too sticky and caught too easily, making the board less forgiving on sketchy landings. But I swapped them out for 4 Hyperlite wakeskate shank fins and now the only complaint I had is fixed.
Good luck and if you have any more questions don't hesitate to ask!
Tom
Old     (jackeh)      Join Date: May 2008       01-26-2009, 4:47 PM Reply   
thanks tom, i'm looking forward to my new setup.

one other thing, do you know how much your setup weighs?

and what size bindings do you use?
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-26-2009, 4:50 PM Reply   
Jack,

What did you like about the PS3?
What would you like to have different?
Both the PS boards are a "hybrid rocker" a progressive 3 stage board

if you like(d) the PS3 maybe the new PS 4 will work well. there is a video that describes it here. http://liquidforce.com/boards_s4.htm and you can watch the one for the PS3 too for comparison.
I have not ridden either but i have heard others say that the ps4 lands softer than the ps3 and... well, just wait for someone to comment more on that

As for slingshot, with the information i have, i would recommend the new slingshot reflex because it has a progressive 3 stage rocker as well and will perform somewhere between the recoil (3 stage) and response (continuous).

Send us some more info for what you are looking for... and of course there is the ever present cliche, "Demo, IF YOU CAN"
Old     (gunnertom4593)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-26-2009, 4:52 PM Reply   
No I don't know how much it weighs, but it is considerably lighter than my old setup (07 covin 133 with CWB answers). And I wear size 10s, and with these size is real important, too small Isn't too bad because the liner will expand to accomodate your foot, but if they are too big you will get A TON of heel lift. So be careful
Old     (jackeh)      Join Date: May 2008       01-26-2009, 4:54 PM Reply   
jeremy, i like the ps3 but the landings suck haha hard landings.
its a good intermediate board its very predictable but, its not enough pop for me, but its an all around good board, i'm just looking for something light, responsive, tons of pop, and won't break the bank.
Old     (jackeh)      Join Date: May 2008       01-26-2009, 4:57 PM Reply   
tom i'm a size 11, so i'll just stick with the 11.

thanks so much.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-26-2009, 5:15 PM Reply   
It sounds like maybe you are looking more for purely 3 stage boards or Abrupt/aggressive 3 stage?

ok then for SS I'd recommend the Recoil. light and soft landings IMO

the LF shane would probably be great. It is always mentioned multiple times on soft-landing-board-threads. it would be close to "bank breaking" but the Shane FLY model would be nice and light!!

I actually have not heard of too many people testifying of super soft landings on the One though.

personally i have not tried the ONe or the Shane, just f.y.i.
Old     (jackeh)      Join Date: May 2008       01-26-2009, 6:22 PM Reply   
i'm not really that picky but i'm just in the market, and i'm leaving my options open. thanks everyone for your help.
Old     (waketherainbow)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-26-2009, 7:51 PM Reply   
The Lyman is a sick ride. Fast and Loose
Old     (wake2wake_66)      Join Date: Nov 2008       01-26-2009, 8:18 PM Reply   
Jack, I have a friend that rides an S4 and he really likes it. I just switched from riding CWB boards to a Ronix Bill. It is really loose and fast.