Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 08, 2003

Old    tonym            05-27-2003, 8:22 PM Reply   
I currently have a SN and with the pressure from the wife and a growing family I am thinking of getting a larger boat. We do everything from wakeboarding to barefooting. So I am wanting a good cross-functional boat with a lot of room. My buddy has a 209 with the LTR 330 hp engine. He let me drive it this weekend and it seems a little too sluggish for barefooting. I think that the 209 would have good acceleration with the MCX with the powerslot trans, but none of the local dealers get the powerslot. Has anyone tested a 209/X9 with the MCX with a powerslot?
Old     (prostar205v)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-02-2003, 1:24 PM Reply   
Don't have the powerslot option but do have a 03 209 with MCX.....No problems pulling me out deepwater at 200 pounds. Picture is in profile .
Old     (mcsammamish)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-02-2003, 1:35 PM Reply   
If you are into crossing the wake while you're barefooting, you should check out the Malibu Sunsetter LXi. The boat is 21' 8" and has an incredible slalom wake, I'm sure you'd be impressed after you tried a couple other boats in the comparable size.
Old    jiving            06-02-2003, 4:37 PM Reply   
The MCX is an outstanding motor with plenty of power. I have a 03 X10 with the MCX and have no complaints. Make sure you have the correct prop for your altitude.
Old     (smylie)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-02-2003, 8:21 PM Reply   
what is the powerslot. I have heard of it before but never got a definition. im just 16 years old so i dont know everything about all the boat companies.

thanks,
tubbing is for walley's,
danny
Old     (ktm250)      Join Date: Jan 2003       06-03-2003, 5:28 AM Reply   
Tony,
We have sold a couple of the 209 with MCX slot and the customers love them! However, keep in mind the slot comes with a 20" prop and this adds wake turbulence...most footers prefer the smaller props for footing as it makes for less turbulence; like an 18". I would try a demo with the standard MCX and a 1:1 with the 13"...try it before you buy it, any MasterCraft dealer would be happy to give you a pull!

Danny,
PowerSlot is a 1.5:1 transmission which is an option to our standard 1:1 transmission (in our direct drive boats). It gives greater pulling power and acceleration and is mainly used in slalom and jump boats.
Old     (smylie)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-03-2003, 1:12 PM Reply   
thanks, that helped alot
Old    tonym            06-04-2003, 9:59 PM Reply   
Matt,
The LXI looks like a very nice boat. I plan on trying out it along with several other boats. I am trying to find a boat that gives me a decent barefoot pull and good intermediate wakeboarding wake and plenty of storage. I probably need to own 2 boats....hmmm...nope, I don't think the wife would go for that.

Zedz,
Yea, the local Nautique dealer was suggesting going to 3 blade prop for footers due to the turbulence. If I went with a reduction trans and didn't like it, I would talk to acme about specing out a 3 blade prop. Though, I am definitely going to try out the MCX with the 1:1 trans.

Barefooter,
I haven't tested my buddies 209 out yet, but he was saying that he had a little trouble getting over the wake from a deep water start. What have you noticed about the wake? Have you noticed any excessive turbulence with the 4 blade prop?

Thanks for the info.
Old    reddog25cf            06-12-2003, 7:16 AM Reply   
Hey tony, where are you from? Me and my cousin (my pull) are now looking at getting an '03 SANTE and will be getting rid of our '03 MC Prostar 197. You sound like you're in the same situation that we were in, we loved wakeboarding, but still had people that wanted to slalom and barefoot and whatnot. The 197 was perfect for it. We put the tower on it and whatnot, but still kept a lot of people on it and a fatsac for wakeboarding, but could easily empty that and just move some people around and have a beautiful slalom wake. Also really great for barefooting. As it sits now it's basically a Mastercraft X-7, just no ballast. Which is why I'm asking, where do you live? If it's anywhere close I'm sure we could work something out so you could drive it and see what you think.
Old    tonym            06-17-2003, 7:38 AM Reply   
Sean
I live in the northern part of NC. The 197 is a sweet boat, but I am looking for something a little bigger. Thanks for the offer.
Old    reddog25cf            06-17-2003, 7:47 AM Reply   
How big are you looking for? We easily fit 8-10 people in the 197. Normally you wouldn't want that much weight in the boat when you're footin, but when you boarding pack on the people. It's a really nice wake when you get your 3 biggest friends (mine personally each weigh just under 3 bills... haha) to sit on the back.
Old     (prostar205v)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-17-2003, 9:26 AM Reply   
I have a 209 2003 for sale 55 hours all the extra pic is in profile if you are interested.