Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 04, 2005

Old    sking55405            04-06-2005, 4:48 PM Reply   
My dad bought a Sanger V210 last year with no tower accessories. We would really like some board racks for the tower. We keep the boat under a canopy boat lift on the lake and have to fold down the tower every time we put it on the lift. We were worried about putting the tower down with racks on it because we thought it might scratch the boat. I heard that titan has a board rack that folds in so you can get the boards better. If you have any thoughts or suggestions on what to do, please share them.Thanks

scott
Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-06-2005, 9:08 PM Reply   
The Titan spinner racks, www.roswellwakeair.com racks and the clamp are www.boardbutler.com are the only racks I know that will rotate into the boat.

Our racks at http://www.monstertower.com/accessory1.html and other tower companys have racks that can be quickly removed from the tower which is another option if you have to fold you tower down each day also.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       04-06-2005, 11:09 PM Reply   
I put the Monster Racks on my new Nautique so they didn't disappear in my absence when the boat is in storage. They work great, don't forget the matching mirror.
Old     (jlembas)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-07-2005, 8:30 AM Reply   
Scott,

Titan spinning racks only fit on a titan tower. Many board racks can be installed and positioned to avoid touching any part of the boat when the tower is down. Some people even make a small pad for their tower to keep the tower and accessories off the interior.

J.Lembas
Fluid Concepts
www.fluidconcepts.net
Old     (litlone873)      Join Date: Jan 2005       04-07-2005, 12:10 PM Reply   
Scott,
We have the "Sanger" board racks that came on our boat. What tower do you have? Looks like a ProFlight? Our V215 has a Proflight tower that folds down in order to get it in the garage. The speaker pod doesn't allow the tower to fold all the way to the floor so it rests in the back seat which leaves marks in the vinyl. You will have this problem too when you get your speaker pod installed.

Now, we place a 2x4 plank between the across the center of the boat (resting on the grab bars) to keep the tower off the seat. The racks don't come anywhere near the boat. I can take a picture of our set up if you like.

Now, if we had the choice between the racks we have and those nifty swivel racks... We would have them... then even I could get the boards down!
Old    sking55405            04-09-2005, 11:00 AM Reply   
Thanks for your suggestions.

Renee,we have always flipped the backseat over so the tower doesnt leave a indentation in the backseat. We do have a proflight tower and im talking to my dad about some of the racks you showed me. If you have any more suggestions about racks I would be happy to hear them. Thanks