Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 29, 2007

Old     (kottonm0uthking4)      Join Date: Apr 2007       11-13-2007, 10:04 PM Reply   
So that it... All of the long-term sites are being booted after this next summer.

What sucks is that it will take a while to remove all of these trailers, and that will cut our summer short.

As for my place, we got someone tearing it out before christmas.

Sad day... I had my first birthday at that lake!
Old     (supratweaked)      Join Date: Aug 2005       11-14-2007, 5:18 AM Reply   
Mark, Mine is going after the holiday weekend. Sad to see this happen to so many good people.

The BOR SUCKS A$$!

I haven't figured out how I am going to remove mine yet. Who is doing yours?
Old    mendo247            11-14-2007, 6:39 AM Reply   
What part of the lake are your places at?

Sorry to hear this.
Old     (airagain)      Join Date: Jun 2006       11-14-2007, 7:24 AM Reply   
Sorry you guys. I know lots of people who have lost their second homes. I lost mine 2 years ago at Pleasure Cove.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-14-2007, 7:41 AM Reply   
Mark: Sorry if this has been asked before but I still havent heard WHY Berryessa is removing all trailers. I have heard like 20 diffrent story's. All from people that don't have a place there. What did Berryessa tell you about removing you trailer?
Thanks
Sorry about your place.
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       11-14-2007, 7:47 PM Reply   
Whats up Vince? How's the family?
Old     (cmawsr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       11-14-2007, 8:33 PM Reply   
Grant, thats because no-one has been givin a straight answer. But the jist of it is they dont want exclusive use on the government owned side of the lake anymore. The BOR feels that more camping, hotels, kayaking and stuff like that is better then the current situation. It's very sad, my family has been around since the late 50's and I have friends who have had the same place for 4 generations.
Lake Berryessa is the testing grounds for this, This will happen to more lakes around the country
Old     (kottonm0uthking4)      Join Date: Apr 2007       11-15-2007, 12:19 AM Reply   
Grant,

This is what I have heard... hopefully this is accurate.

All of the resorts were leasing the land from the government. When the resorts were built in the 50's they signed a lease for 50 years. As the lease termination date came closer, environmental groups started protesting against the logn-term sites.

The main argument that pushed off the long-term sites was that it was making public land exclusive. They wanted to lake to be like don pedro, built for campers, built for the public.

There was also supporting arguments that showed that these long-term sites were polluting the shore line.

Vince,

We got a bid from some company.. ill get back to you on the name. Not badly price either! All we got to do is get our stuff out. they will handle destroying and dumping all the debris.

Chris,

I am in your situation. My parents skiied at berryessa even before the resorts. One day they were skiing and notice sites being built so they jumped on one. They originally had a site at putah creek, but then sold it because it looked like the government was going to change their mind about the long-term sites. So we moved out of the double wide white trailor that is out on the pennisula, with the rocks lining the shore, to our current location at Spanish Flat.
Old     (mattsoderstrom)      Join Date: Nov 2007       11-15-2007, 11:51 AM Reply   
They want to redo the "infrastructure", too. As in sewer, electrical...

If 'they' were smart (oxymoron, I know) they would start selling it to homeowners and let them be self policing and want to actually keep the place nice. Imagine the revenue they could generate from just that side of the Lake. The otherside is like farmer bill and his 12 cows. That's a lot of shoreline.

Besides, there seems to be enough public access as it is, we never had a problem getting a campsite, picnicking for a day or even launching.

Who knows.
Old     (mike_t)      Join Date: Aug 2004       11-15-2007, 8:14 PM Reply   
Ours is coming out in 3 weeks from Rancho. We've had some great times! I'm thinking about meeting everyone for the holiday weekend...a final goodbye to the trailer.