Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2006

Old     (charliep)      Join Date: May 2004       08-19-2006, 8:01 PM Reply   
My 8yr old son learned to ski, kneeboard, and wakeboard this summer. I researched boards and ordered him his own board last Monday. On Tuesday he did a boy thing and jumped off a big rock and fractured his tibia. His new board arrived several days later and will now gather dust until November. Sure hope we have a few warm fall days and the doctors clear him. Oh the joys of parenthood! Thanks to those that helped me choose a board. I really like the Nemesis.
Upload
Old    wakelvr            08-19-2006, 8:38 PM Reply   
Here's to a speedy recovery!!!! and to warm weather this fall....
Old     (fyrdawg29)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-19-2006, 9:22 PM Reply   
That sucks!!! 2nd the speedy recovery.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-19-2006, 9:47 PM Reply   
"he did a boy thing and jumped off a big rock "

He was just training for the landings in the flats.
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-19-2006, 11:11 PM Reply   
make sure you angle that right binding out before he tries anything. : )
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       08-20-2006, 4:43 AM Reply   
Poor precious baby, (and kudos to the parents for keeping that smile on his face) See you in spring!
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-20-2006, 7:23 AM Reply   
boys will be boys...3rd the speedy recovery!

not only angle the right binding, but move them further apart. Get him used to riding all the way out.
Old     (johnbowen)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-20-2006, 9:07 AM Reply   
i too just bought the exact same board/bindings for my eight year old. He loves it. He went from the Micro and the Nemessis 118. He now is getting about 1/2 way across the wake and a reasonable amount of air.

I showed him your son's picture. He said he felt bad that your son would not get to soon use the board, but hoped he got better soon. Tell him to hang in there. Hopefully my son will slow down in his jumping off every wall/rock/fence, etc, after reading your post.
Old     (wakeboarddad01)      Join Date: Dec 2003       08-20-2006, 10:32 AM Reply   
4th the speedy recovery.... I have 2 daughters and last Sunday while my older one was training and doing a roll 2 revert she over rotated and had a nice face plant and later that day we were at the ER for 5 hours. Cat scan and neck xrays all were OK!! She rode this Saturday and did her roll 2 revert and she had a perfect landing.... Good luck and have fun with your son.... :-)
Old     (charliep)      Join Date: May 2004       08-20-2006, 1:02 PM Reply   
Thanks Guys! His spirits are good, school starts later this week and should be an interesting challenge. I just threw the bindings on his board for the photo, should've known you guys would notice!
Old     (dhr)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-20-2006, 1:28 PM Reply   
I broke my foot on tuesday riding 4-6 weeks out i feel for your son cruches su.. i sell boats and hobbling around is interesting. my joy of parenthood is my 2 yr old asking daddy owie wakeboard ?
Old     (lmtwa)      Join Date: May 2001       08-20-2006, 5:35 PM Reply   
Charlie
He looks like a real trooper!
I think Kid's injuries are tougher on the parents than the kids. At least for me and my three boys.

Among Shaun's (Murray) many injuries - was a fractured leg (gotten while snow skiing at age 3 or 4) , and the cast looked very much like this one - not realizing the extent of his injury, I refused help from the ski patrol and carried him down the hill (in pain). But he ended up in a cast like this one. Shaun doesn't let me forget that....
I didn't see any writing on your son's cast, send me his address. LMTWA@hotmail.com
Old     (wakekid72501)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-20-2006, 5:43 PM Reply   
Good luck on that recovery part and nice board!!