Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 07, 2003

Old     (zigzagsd)      Join Date: Dec 2002       09-05-2003, 11:05 AM Reply   
for those of us who live in san diego, you may have heard about MTV's Real World filming their 14th season right here in SD - more specifically, Point Loma. i work right next to the new house and was walking out by the waterfront today when i spotted a red '03 X-star at the dock nearest the house. it appears to be a promo boat with all kinds of stickers - vortec, MC.com, indmar, etc. could it be the pro tour boat??

anyway, i'll keep an eye on it and see if it makes it out into the san diego harbor anytime soon. they'd most definitely have to ride in the early AM, but they would get some good water for sure. i am working off the assumption that MTV acquired the boat and that it is there for use by the real world cast. i could be dead wrong. anyone know details? do they need a driver for that boat?!?
Old     (supersport)      Join Date: Dec 2001       09-05-2003, 12:33 PM Reply   
If its anything like Mtv's "Surfer Girls", It will make wakeboarders look bad.
Old     (tdeneka)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-05-2003, 1:48 PM Reply   
Surfer girls look gooooooooood!!!!
Old    leggester            09-05-2003, 1:52 PM Reply   
Thomas, please get your subscription renewed. They were no honeys by any stretch of a normal man's imagination.
Old    nat3060            09-05-2003, 2:37 PM Reply   
heres a pic of the house

Old     (snwbrder)      Join Date: Jan 2002       09-05-2003, 3:53 PM Reply   
Check out the butta!

Sweet
Old     (phantom5815)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-05-2003, 6:11 PM Reply   
Why am I having a difficult time placing the area of this picture??
I know that's North Island in the background. What part of San Diego Bay is that located (house)?
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-05-2003, 8:27 PM Reply   
What a weird location. If that's North Island in the background that would put them smack dab in the middle of Shelter Island or close to the Military stuff. Weird...
Old     (zigzagsd)      Join Date: Dec 2002       09-05-2003, 10:52 PM Reply   
you got it brian - it's on harbor drive just past nimitz (before scott street and all the fishing boats). it's the old blue crab restaurant, if you ever heard of that. that is north island in the background. i'm not sure why they would pick that location either. it's okay, but i'm sure MTV has the money to buy any place they want, so why there?

question is, when is that x-star going out in the bay? the butter is there every morning.
Old    boarding_brat            09-06-2003, 12:03 AM Reply   
awesome! i know i would be happy there! i dont know about you guys!
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-06-2003, 6:25 AM Reply   
It's the Tour boat. It was given to them by MC for the obvious coverage aspect.

It should be quite funny to watch them try to drive it. Dock it. Turn around. etc...

On The Edge Watersports in El Cajon is going out to teach them how to drive it.
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-06-2003, 7:04 AM Reply   
Gramps and I rode the main bay once and it was actually pretty good. However from their location, good water is pretty far away. We rode early morning and started right across from the Shelter Island ramp and went around the corner towards Coronado. We got yelled at for going too close to a Navy ship on the way over. Once we got towards Coronado we rode this little cove for awhile. We thought it was a full speed zone since half the boats we saw were at speed. Turns out it was 5mph but we got a few good runs on butter anyway.

Then we headed over to Silver Strand and by then the wind came up.

Not a bad place to ride you just have to deal with the occasional big rollers from the larger boats.

The location is stupid to me. They will have to drive everywhere and It's not exactly the place you would think a house would be. I guess it will be interesting since it will be covered in SD though.
Old     (paulsmith)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-06-2003, 8:37 AM Reply   
There is an article in the paper this morning, and it was on the local news, that one of the cast members was arrested the other night in PB for getting into a fight with a Marine or something. The funny part is that it was a female cast member.

I have ridden SD Bay once and thought it was fun, but it was quite some time ago. I used to work on the 19th floor of a building overlooking the Bay and would stare at butter almost every morning wondering why nobody ever uses it.
Old     (tiger20)      Join Date: Sep 2001       09-06-2003, 12:49 PM Reply   
Is there anything "real" about getting to live rent free in Point Loma with hot chicks and a 2003 X-Star? Someone please tell me...
Old    wakeboard4568            09-06-2003, 1:23 PM Reply   
hahahaha.
Old     (whit)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-06-2003, 4:08 PM Reply   
I would march down there, knock on the door, and ask if anyone needs help learning how to drive the boat or wakeboard....
Old     (eccpaint)      Join Date: Feb 2002       09-06-2003, 4:59 PM Reply   
I'll go with ya!
Old     (zigzagsd)      Join Date: Dec 2002       09-08-2003, 9:05 AM Reply   
most of the people i work with here know i'm a big wakeboarder, so first thing today i got the report from the weekend - saturday the x-star was out in the bay and they were attempting to get the girls up on a wakeboard. the report i got was that there was a lot of complaining about the water temp, this is too hard, this water is gross... ha!! the show airs in january.
Old     (phantom5815)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-08-2003, 9:19 AM Reply   
The water is gross in San Diego Bay...I' ve been in it in the past. But that was closer towards the Coronado Cays.
The water is only gonna get colder for them too.....
What a bunch of wimps.
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-08-2003, 9:24 AM Reply   
Dirty water in SD Bay? I bottle that stuff and drink it at home!