Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (newwhit)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-08-2010, 10:42 AM Reply   
Anyone have a preference for a dry suit to surf in?

anyone know a good place to buy (cheap)?
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       02-08-2010, 11:35 AM Reply   
Active Watersports, Oregon City, OR
www.activewake.com
Old     (clotus)      Join Date: Mar 2009       02-08-2010, 1:28 PM Reply   
you will find most people will tell you oneil boost (myself included). Just got one and it is great. I got my for xmas so not sure where it was purchased.
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       02-08-2010, 1:34 PM Reply   
http://www.ski-it-again.com/php/skiitagain.php?topic=Search&category=Dry_Suit

Great list of used stuff.
Old     (deepcove)      Join Date: Mar 2004       02-08-2010, 6:15 PM Reply   
Oneil Boost has a much more comfortable neck seal beacuse it is neoprene unlike Bare with a latex neck seal that is usually quite tight. The down side to the oneil is you can get a water shot through the neck if you crash a certain way. I still prefer the oneil beacause of over all comform. Also the oneil has suspenders to hold it in place a little better.
Old     (deepcove)      Join Date: Mar 2004       02-08-2010, 6:16 PM Reply   
Oneil Boost has a much more comfortable neck seal beacuse it is neoprene unlike Bare with a latex neck seal that is usually quite tight. The down side to the oneil is you can get a water shot through the neck if you crash a certain way. I still prefer the oneil beacause of over all comfort. Also the oneil has suspenders to hold it in place a little better.
Old     (wakemetoday)      Join Date: Mar 2006       02-08-2010, 6:20 PM Reply   
I like the Sahara Drysuit.
Old     (bfnaci)      Join Date: Dec 2008       02-11-2010, 8:59 PM Reply   
O Neill Boost Dry Suit

Lets be clear on the O Neill Boost, yes it is more comfortable around the neck due to the neoprene. I have fallen as hard as humanly possible and have only had a minimum of a few teaspoons of water squeak in the neck. Enough to get my shirt damp a few inches around my neck.
There is no competition for Wake boarders or Wake surfers in cold weather.
Old     (ndh2o)      Join Date: Oct 2001       02-12-2010, 7:22 AM Reply   
I have to throw out my opinion, and that is the Barefoot Int'l suits.

The material and seals seem a little more heavy duty, and the biggest plus in my book is the neoprene cinch cuffs over the ankle and wrist seals. Not only does it protect the seals, but you can also cinch the cuffs down over booties or gloves on those really cold days, and keep the water transfer very minimal.

If you are in the market for a budget suit, check out the Overtons Gladiator suits. Being that is our "local" shop, alot of ppl around here have them. They seem to work well, but the seals are a little thinner, which means just be a little more careful taking off/putting on, but I believe it is on sale right now.