Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (WakeboardChurch)      Join Date: Feb 2012       11-26-2012, 9:02 AM Reply   
Hello all,
I usually stay pretty silent around these forums, but thought it might be beneficial to explain a little bit about what Wakeboard Church is, what we do, and how you can choose to be a part of it. I'm not looking to start any religious debates or argue with anyone about beliefs (but am always happy to have conversations). I simply want to inform about our organization. With that said:
Wakeboard Church is a non-profit, parachurch (interdenominational with no church affiliation), ministry for the wake sport culture. It is our goal to share Christ's love with the world of wakeboarding, wakeskating, and wakesurfing. We do this through building relationships, accepting people as they are, and walking alongside them no matter their church background, religious persuasions, or current state or quality of life. Everyone is welcome and everyone is accepted.
We currently have 12 chapters in 9 states, with over 1,300 people reached in 2013 alone. All of our chapters host weekly wakeboard outings in order to progress in our skills and build friendships. At the end of each outing, the chapter leader gives a short and simple message from the bible about who God is, what He has done, and how that affects us.
In addition to our weekly chapter meetings, we also host several events, contests, camps, and conferences throughout the year, always with the intention of providing a positive environment for wakeboarders to have fun, meet new people, and ask/answer questions about faith. Our motto is Love God, Love Others, Love Wakeboarding.
If you would like to learn more about Wakeboard Church, you can always contact me (Mark Heger) directly or visit our website (we are in the process of redoing it). If you would like to find a chapter near you, start a chapter at your lake or cable park, or get involved in a deeper level (prayers, resources, finances) we would love to talk with you. We offer tax exemptions for any and all donations and also have several sponsorship packages that we offer to companies who desire to be involved.
I hope that you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend.
God Bless,

Mark Heger
Wakeboard Church, Director
214-938-2102
WakeboardChurch@gmail.com
Facebook: Wakeboard Church