Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 04, 2009

Old     (smitty1258)      Join Date: Jun 2009       09-23-2009, 4:02 AM Reply   
Can anyone comment on the wake of these boats? Did you keep stock ballast or add more?

How is the surf wake?

How is the wake when there is no weight, can you ski behind it like they claim?

Came across an 06 with less than 30 hours on it for mid 20's.

Looks like a good deal, just trying to find out a bit more info on the wake.

think I would like the Tige 22i better or the sanger v230 better?

thanks!
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       09-23-2009, 8:09 AM Reply   
It's a big boat to ski behind but it weighs less than the 22i so the empty wake should be as good. If you are going to ski behind it you want to have the barefoot plate (fixed) at a minimum. It's better with the adjustable Bennett plate. Tige already has an adjustable plate. You can ski them but it's not a tournament ski boat.
The 22i is a D-drive so the handling is really good. The V230 has the Sanger hull so you'll find the handling is really good on it too, but it's not as good as the V215 which I'd put at least as good as the 22i
I liked the 22i but bought a Sanger. Drive them if you can and you'll notice some big differences. The price seems pretty good, if the engine was stored properly. It sounds like it only got used one season.
The biggest one is what the space feels like with a bigger boat and no engine in the middle. Mine has the engine in the middle and I like that, for me.
Old     (familyman)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-23-2009, 11:22 AM Reply   
sounds like the v230 is a good deal. I have been looking all over and I was entertaining a Sanger V230 w/ but w/ 130hrs and a 2004 and they want 30k for it and I'm not sure they will go much down.

I was originally looking at new but figured I would try to stay w/in budget.

I'm not sure where you are located but in my search I've heard some good things about the Sanger V230 as I have researched.

I like that deal though. I wish I could find that boat for that price in great condition of course.
Old     (load)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-23-2009, 2:45 PM Reply   
I have an 03 V230, great boat.

It is a big boat though!

We really don't surf so can't help you there.

For Wake we run stock ballast, 400# in pop bags (mostly under the rear seat) extra 250# each side of the motor and 400# in the walkway and it makes a great solid wake.

My wife skis and I would say it is a recreational ski wake at best.
Old     (familyman)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-23-2009, 4:50 PM Reply   
DRA-Doug
When you say a big boat would you say its too big? What engine do you have? How is the gas consumption?

How much do you like the v230? If you had to choose again would you get this boat or another?

Pros - Cons?
Old     (jetskiprosx)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-23-2009, 8:54 PM Reply   
Pros - lots of room, great ride, great boarding/surf wake with added wake.

Cons - turning (almost chine locks on every left turn), power (5.7 is adequate, but the 6.2 engine would be better)
Old     (load)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-24-2009, 8:40 AM Reply   
Same pros & cons as above.

I have the black scorpion, never had a problem. We did reprop once we starting running more weight. Gas, Yes is uses alot when weighted but no more than any other boat. It does have a 50 gallon tank which is nice.

If I was to buy again I would get a 215, just a little smaller, easier to trailer etc. The 230 is great on a camping trip though with tons of room. I got a great deal on mine as it was a leftover and would do so again.
Old     (jetskiprosx)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-24-2009, 6:22 PM Reply   
Have any of you V230 owners done anything or researched the turning issues? It's the single greatest (well really my only) complaint about the boat. We ride on a narrow river and add in some extra ballast and it's really noticeable and causes some cavitation.

DRA - what prop did you go with?
Old     (load)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-25-2009, 6:34 AM Reply   
Acme 911

Turning is only issue when we are weighted, I have just gotten used to it, no big deal.