Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 23, 2009

Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-05-2009, 4:12 PM Reply   
I was going to put this on an older thread but i thought starting a new would be better.

i figured the holidays were possibly delaying a response to some questions but it turned out that somehow it ended up in my spam, my bad, luckily i had a feeling to check it. so, sorry about that folks, and thanks Slingshot.

ALL boards have the following changes/additions:

quote:

* Dura Base --> The base on the 09 boards is glossy and more durable. The Dura Base will slide better than our other bases.

* HDLW (High Density Light Weight) PVC rails and tips --> The HDLW PVC Rails and tops are made from a very high quality PVC. Its Tunable by smoothing the sharp edge. The more you round it you create more drag on the board. This makes the board ride slower. Also, if you smack the PVC rail, you can repair it with epoxy. You can customize all our boards to ride how you want it to ride.

* Tapperwall --> This not only gives the board a different look, but it makes it ride smoother in the water.

* Binding Inserts --> There are the same number of inserts, but we made the stance wider. Its about 2 inches wider than the 07-08 boards.
The industry changed the 2 hole pattern. The inserts are closer together, so if you have a 09 board by any wake company, older boots will not fit. If you buy 09 Slingshot boots and you have an 08 or older board by any other wake company, we can hook you up with a adapter plate so the boots fit. The Slingshot 4 hole pattern has not changed.

* Fins and fin holes --> The fins have been replaced by a quality G-10 molded fin. Super strong and the screw holes won’t strip out. The screw is a little larger, so if you put them on a 07-08 board, you will have to drill out the hole. The fin holes on all Slingshot Boards are the same spacing.

Remarks about the new changed Recoil specifically:

quote:

The Recoil rides different then the 07-08. In my personal opinion I feel it rides smoother. I also really like that the board has a wider stance. The board is stiffer in the center and is more flexy in the tip and tail. The pop is amazing. It’s a different board then the 07-08. I feel the recoil has been perfected, but don’t take my opinion on it, go demo it and see what you think of it!

and a pic, again, pointing out some of the changes (in pink, for contrast)
Upload

P.S. Especially good news to all you riders who prefer to use non-slingshot boots! more flex to ya!... well good news to all really!
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-05-2009, 4:29 PM Reply   
is the dura base the same material as "dura surf" used on Integrity and Omen wakeskates? because dura surf is the same as snowboard bases and is repairable with p-tex. it slides geat as is really durable.
Old     (jdwake1)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-05-2009, 4:39 PM Reply   
yes
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-05-2009, 6:38 PM Reply   
Yeah, the new dura-base can be slid all you want and you can pretty much get out of the water and wipe off whatever was stuck on from the slider and it looks like new.

no more base destruction from sliders like the 08s
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-06-2009, 9:21 PM Reply   
OK, might as well get the boots clear too ;)

*Laces
Laces were changed to a speed-lace system. pockets were added in the back to prevent lace dangle. 6” adapter plates come with the boot and the 8" ones can be requested too for older boards.

quote:

The laces don’t come out when you ride. The lace system is better, especially on the PB Floyd. The lace locks are stronger and smaller. All of our 8 in adapter plates will fit our new 09 boots

*D3 stiffness feel

quote:

We tried to get them as close to the same stiffness as the D2.

*Ankle Harness

quote:

We got rid of the ankle harness because lots of people removed it and did not use it. The pros didn’t want it any more. If you want a ankle harness, we can send you one from a 08 boot.

*liners

quote:

The liners are still heat moldable. They are held down by really strong Velcro so they don’t come out easy when you take your foot out of the boot.

*footbed changes

quote:

It has a cool “Slingshot” Logo all over it. Besides that it’s the same

*PB Floid

quote:

The new PB Floyd got the most change this year. Its cut better so the boot bends around more. Its still a lower profile softer boot, but it fits better and feels better then 08.

Old     (dansmith)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-07-2009, 5:16 AM Reply   

quote:

We got rid of the ankle harness because lots of people removed it and did not use it.

Thats a shame as it made a great chew toy for my dog.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-07-2009, 6:20 AM Reply   
So the setup for the footbed is the same? Last summer I had mega problems with mine snapping repeatedly on my D2's. Slingshot was kind enough to send me a bunch of footbeds so I could just swap them out as needed. I would think this would be an issue that would want to address (I thought they said this was going to be changed for 09)...or maybe not many other people have experienced this problem.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-07-2009, 10:14 PM Reply   
^^ first time i have heard of this problem... so therefore i did not ask them about it. you can always send a personal e-mail to them about it i suppose. good to hear they took care of you though! :-)

p.s. i only asked "is there any changes to the footbed?" nothing that specific in the question really
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-09-2009, 5:05 PM Reply   
The '09 boards were added to the board list on the wakeworld reviews and board info
... as well as Company for those interested

Go Flex!